My heavy duty 4 stroke engine mount.

GoldenMotor.com

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
I made this mount for a Harbor Freight 79cc engine we mounted in a Schwinn Corvette frame but it will work for other engines as well. This mount is not adjustable for length because it was easier to built it to fit the frame. It is over kill because I used 3/16" steel but I wanted it strong. I did two things that make this different from most other mounts. First I made the brackets that attach to the bike frame adjustable to match the angle of the down tube and the seat tube. Second the rear mount longer to allow two mounting u-bolts to help eliminate the sliding of the mount down the seat tube. I hope you guys can use this information. here are the pictures.

Jim

Attachments

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
I had the guys at the Gap Repair and Steel shop do the bending. Those Amish guys do nice work. I made the mounts out of aluminum flashing material and they used their hydraulic press break to match with steel what I made out of light weight aluminum.
I guess you can say I cheated but I know I could not bend the steel the way I wanted it.

Jim

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
Dude very nice work cant wait to see the finish product! that is taking these bikes to the next level! out of the box! remember ride long, live long, later willi

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
Thanks Evan
It took a little tweaking to get it correct but everything about this project is taking some tweaking. When your starting from scratch the whole project becomes a learning process.

Jim