Bike for my sister

GoldenMotor.com

bmgreenbaum

Jul 22, 2012
New Hampshire
Hey, my sister bought a motorized bike kit before she checked to see if it would fit on the bike she had. Needless to say it doesn't fit so she and I have been looking around for a bike that would work. Here is where the problem arises. My sister is short, about 5' 2", and needs a bike with about a 14" frame. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions as to what bike would work because I have looked everywhere with no luck

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
the engine wont fit in a 14" frame. you need about 17-21" in the frame for an engine to fit. I have also seen these kits installed in step through frames (no top bar) so you could look into that as well.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
the engine wont fit in a 14" frame. you need about 17-21" in the frame for an engine to fit. I have also seen these kits installed in step through frames (no top bar) so you could look into that as well.
Exactly, if your sister is not one for riding while wearing a skirt, building on a step through frame seems like it would work great. There is a thread with some here: OCC's first build (ocean county cruisers)

bmgreenbaum

Jul 22, 2012
New Hampshire
I saw the step through option, but are there any saftey risks when there isnt a bar or anything separating her from the engine. My concern was that if she were to stop at a stop sign or and step forward she would be staddling the hot engine.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hey, my sister bought a motorized bike kit before she checked to see if it would fit on the bike she had. Needless to say it doesn't fit so she and I have been looking around for a bike that would work. Here is where the problem arises. My sister is short, about 5' 2", and needs a bike with about a 14" frame. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions as to what bike would work because I have looked everywhere with no luck
My daughter n law is also short....

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Al.Fisherman, where did you buy those bikes out of curiosity?
The one on the left (my youngest son) picked it up from a neighbor on a different street, for $40.00. It looked rough till he cleaned it up. I had to make the engine mounts. The one on the right (my oldest son), I picked it up from a Pawn Shop in my town, for $50.00. I bought the engine mounting kit, off of Fleabay.

Last edited: