Started a hi-performance Motorbike business; www.MotoVélo.us *vids

GoldenMotor.com

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
These examples are the very reason that these little machines will be banned, sooner or later.
As long as there are fools pushing the limits like this, our hobby is in for a very short lifetime.
We need to always be seen to be doing 30mph or less, going "putt-putt-putt", or it's all over.
These are supposed to be 'power-assisted-bicycles', not mopeds or motorcycles.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm of two minds on this subject TBH - on the one hand, it doesn't do our hobby any good to be presented like this by an aspiring business... on the other...

For good or ill it's a personal choice to ride like that, and I'm thinking some folks here have been coming down a bit hard on nidyanazo - for the wrong reasons. How he chooses to ride is between him, the cops & his medical coverage, whereas I think the only real issue is his choice to use such footage to present motorized bicycles for sale, as a business.

As a dealer, you're essentially an ambassador representing our sport so I fully understand and agree that any video shot should conform to local laws and traffic regulations... such an "extreme" riding style would be perfectly acceptable were it simply on trails instead of in traffic.

Yet reprimanding someone for just the way they ride... where does it end? Who doesn't act the fool from time to time? There are those that would think just bolting on an engine and doing thirty on a bicycle is sheer madness - but what of all those that pull the baffles out of their mufflers and scream up and down the street in a residential section? All those whom lost their license & now drink and ride some cobbled Huffy? How about ALL those states where our bikes aren't legal - too much horsepower, too fast, too large a displacement, etc. - those are all violations too *shrug*

Burnouts, drag racing vids, wheelies - all this stuff is far more popular than quietly putting to the park to look at the ducks and it sells, which is what I think nidyanazo was trying to do, be it right or wrong. Make the same vid offroad & use that to promote the performance and I bet there'd be no problems...

well... 'cept the environmentalists ofc ;)

All I'm tryin' to say is there's a difference between constructive feedback and flaming, that it's often a very fine line between criticism and hypocrisy.

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
What impresses me the most is how totally inadequately dressed were the riders to be traveling at those speeds. Recently Jim told me about a guy going 20 mph when his front wheel collapsed. Result 7 months in a coma. I am of the opinion that most bikes are not prepared to work at speeds like shown and if that is the goal a lot more than putting a fast motor needs to be done beforehand. Fact is most times it is not . And for a dealer to sell these bikes, the risk to the businessman is astronomical. Remember you might not have a pot to pee in but someone can sue your butt off and you will feel the effects for many years to come. I look at it this way if it were really legal and if it were bulletproof in protection from lawsuits, some major manufacturer would have done it a long time ago. Btw good luck with your dealership and your pipe fabrication. Pipes are one of the biggest hassles for morini builders. Especially a down under pipe for a chopper or stretch

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
my bike is prepared,
and i would sell it to anyone who wanted to buy it.
insurance.
no one has protection from lawsuits,
ever.
down under pipes are my most favorite form of torture.

Last edited:

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
I high sided my 04 zx10r in topanga canyon 2 years ago, was going about 50-55 threw sharp right hander. Threw me off, i did a front flip, the bike kept going cliped an suv, then a telephone pole. The force broke both my hands and my pelvis. I lost everything I had because of that accident, and swore i would never ride again. my helmet didnt even get a scratch.

I was very reckless rider, redline in 6th on the 101 freqently, maxed the speedo out then some. Soul crushing Headshakes at 130. Cayon battles every day. I was riding over 100 miles every day, its all i did was ride.

The fact of the matter is there are 2 kinds of riders...
Ones that have gone down, and ones that are going down...the only question is when and how bad...

Riding like a crazy person will only speed up this process.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm of two minds on this subject TBH - on the one hand, it doesn't do our hobby any good to be presented like this by an aspiring business... on the other...

For good or ill it's a personal choice to ride like that, and I'm thinking some folks here have been coming down a bit hard on nidyanazo - for the wrong reasons. How he chooses to ride is between him, the cops & his medical coverage, whereas I think the only real issue is his choice to use such footage to present motorized bicycles for sale, as a business.

As a dealer, you're essentially an ambassador representing our sport so I fully understand and agree that any video shot should conform to local laws and traffic regulations... such an "extreme" riding style would be perfectly acceptable were it simply on trails instead of in traffic.

Yet reprimanding someone for just the way they ride... where does it end? Who doesn't act the fool from time to time? There are those that would think just bolting on an engine and doing thirty on a bicycle is sheer madness - but what of all those that pull the baffles out of their mufflers and scream up and down the street in a residential section? All those whom lost their license & now drink and ride some cobbled Huffy? How about ALL those states where our bikes aren't legal - too much horsepower, too fast, too large a displacement, etc. - those are all violations too *shrug*

Burnouts, drag racing vids, wheelies - all this stuff is far more popular than quietly putting to the park to look at the ducks and it sells, which is what I think nidyanazo was trying to do, be it right or wrong. Make the same vid offroad & use that to promote the performance and I bet there'd be no problems...

well... 'cept the environmentalists ofc ;)

All I'm tryin' to say is there's a difference between constructive feedback and flaming, that it's often a very fine line between criticism and hypocrisy.
Thank you...and Fo'sho'!