60cc not engaging help

GoldenMotor.com

rider123

Mar 15, 2015
Florida
Good morning I had bought a 60 cc motorized bike from cl about 4months ago it ran great for roughly 3 months until it showed a decrease in spark and wouldn't stay running unless I kept pedalling so I changed the magneto and it seemed to work just fine after for a few days now is back to sounding like not enough power or spark, while I pedal it sounds as it wants to run but not getting enough power, so I changed spark plug and still no fire what could I do now to get this thing going it makes no sense how it worked with new mag then just stopped??? Thany you god bless!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of helpful folks and info here. It shouldn't be too hard to get you up and running.

From your description, I'm not quite sure you've got a spark issue. But why don't we start there? You'll either find your issue or you'll find the proof that you need to look elsewhere.

Have a look at this page:http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...c.tab=0&gsc.q=magneto troubleshoot&gsc.page=1

You'll find the info you need to verify electrical system operation.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum rider. This is just a stab in the dark but is it possible your wood ruff key is shearing off throwing off your timing?

rider123

Mar 15, 2015
Florida
Thank you felas im not sure im new to these bikes and troubleshooting problems. I do know the very first time it happend it was because I ran out of fuel and pedaled the rest way home then wasnt turning over totally it would rev after popping clutch and holding throttle while pedaling just wasn't getting that initial umf so to speak to go when i stop pedaling, even hitting clutch as im pedaling it would easly instantly cut off, thats when I got new mag from china lol Amazon and put it in then was riding full throttle and it just stalled out on me again and well didnt fire back up, im wondering if maybe I need a new cpi or burned out the magneto again hmmm? Its so frustrating when its your only transportation

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
be sure to also look carefully for oil seepage around gaskets & seals - it mat be losing compression due to a leak

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
You keep saying magneto but I think you mean COIL. And yeah, I've had brand new coils go out that fast. I hear the new style coils are a little more heavy duty. Also, check your head nuts, loss of compression will make a hard start situation.
fatdaddy.usflg

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Just as a thing, why don't you take your kill switch out of the equation, and see if it does anything...

I had it where one wouldn't start, and the kill switch was shorting, so it kept killing the bike...

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
My first thought was like Crasius: make sure your head is tight. To assure a good seal, lap the mating surfaces; there's plenty of info on that here...just use the Google Search at the top of the page.

As FatDaddy sez: could be your coil. Some of these (like my last one...with the white-wire) have really bad soldering jobs. Check the resistance with an ohmmeter if you have one. I like to resolder these coils (and dip them in PlastiDip). I use one of those crack-pipe butane lighters to remelt the solder. This will repair any cold-weld imperfections that might affect the coil's performance.