Lawnmower cowling on the 4 stroke motors

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Ok ....But all of the kits I have been looking at say the come with "Push button clutch lever (for easy pedal clutch lock out)" with instructions that say to pedal up to 5mph before releasing the clutch lever. I have done a lot of Cent clutch motorsports and have never seen a lock out for a Cent clutch.
Those instructions do not apply to any 4-stroke gearbox that I know of. Those instructions apply to the 2-stroke engine.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
Well this is a bummer then. LOL

Ran the HF 79cc in 100F at idle for 15 mins with and with out the heat shroud. It ran 7 degrees cooler with.

Underway, ran cooler with it off. Test ride one way with, was about 7 mins and 7 back with out.

I used an inferred thermometer and am gonna retest using a wired gauge. It was hard to read as the numbers jumped greatly. But am not putting the shroud back on other then for testing until next winter.

.wee.
Try painting the engine black if you haven't done so already. That increases the the radiant output substantially, thus makes it run cooler.

Max_Power

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
all the ebay sellers use the same text in their 4stroke ads as in their 2smoke ads ;)
just proves they don't ride/install what they sell !!! laff

Well that sux!!! A 4 stroke is what I want, but that ugly starter will have to go. I will figure it out. "if there a mill there is a way!"

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Well that sux!!! A 4 stroke is what I want, but that ugly starter will have to go. I will figure it out. "if there a mill there is a way!"
Some of the HF 200 ccc builders remove the pull starter
and start the engine by winding a pull rope around the
spool on the flywheel.
Looks cleaner but not very convenient if you stall out.

Only one builder has made a bump start 50 cc Honda
with a clutch lever. I hope he brings it to the next
race.

Max_Power

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
Some of the HF 200 ccc builders remove the pull starter
and start the engine by winding a pull rope around the
spool on the flywheel.
Looks cleaner but not very convenient if you stall out.

Only one builder has made a bump start 50 cc Honda
with a clutch lever. I hope he brings it to the next
race.
Please get pix and info if he does.