----::::::;;;;deity;;;::::::------

GoldenMotor.com

Somacoma

Jun 21, 2009
Tucson
THIS is my most recent work
thanx to everyone who contributed in the many informative Carb threads on
this forum. Prior to finding this place id had 4 builds under the belt just was still
ignorant to all specifics wether it be plug gap or tuning a pipe to finaly learning the in's and out's of
my once dreded opponent the CARB.... THNX TO ALL

depending i fig on responce ill post more pix after i clean her off she can be peeeerty
and just like the mojority of the bikes on this page shes still a work in progress

thanx creative design
thanx SBP
Thanx Freedom bikes.. here in Tucson
thanx spookytooth
thanx to my chick for not killing me for working on this thing in the livingroom(hotttt here in tuctown)

Attachments

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
nice built what side of tucson do you live at who is the ower of freedoms bike and where are they located it i have never heard of them

Last edited:

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
sorry i only know them by their web site name (usabikemotors) hey did you get my email i have new pics on you site if you want to take a look just like my dad saids i guess you learn something new everyday

Somacoma

Jun 21, 2009
Tucson
freedom bikes is at ruthrauff and la cholla in the three office strip mallish buildings behind the Valero gas station just look for the freedom trike out front wish i had their number great people highly recommend stopping in info galore just be careful u'll lose hours there and not even notice.

and thanx the bike preforms great and of course im always not satisfied and end up making more work for my self but as of now the newest addition is a duel Boost bottle setup for the intake and man what a difference before the boost bottles i was still tweaking on the new carb a PHBG and had it close but the with the boost it fell right in place performance on the low&middle end is fantastic but im thinking of up jetting a notch on the main jet for better top.. so i highly recommend if anyone is upgrading think about BOOST BOTTLES i got the idea from guy at freedom bikes who said its like a expansion chamber for ur intake i dont regret it

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
did you get the carb from freedom yeah i know where is at now since i been going to them for a while now yes i know how it is a was there on saturday and didnt realize i was there for almost an hour yeah the number is (520) 777-0924 if anyone else read this page i live about 10 minutes away from their shop i have their 58 cc motor and i love every minute of it right now i am working on my next project

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
man now i recognize your bike it looks a lot different in the dark , yeah usabikemotors. (freedoms bikes) post it pictures of your bike in their picture gallery i really like the head cover and your twist thrortle its really a good looking bike nice work

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It looks awesome! You do very good work. I am really diggin' that cylinder head. It reminds me of the old Maytag clothes washer 2-stroke engines. Very old skool looking.

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Man I wanna do the boost bottle thing too, but the last I read of it pretty much convinced me not to waste the time! So what's the real deal do they work or not damn it? Oh n hey, cool bike man!

Somacoma

Jun 21, 2009
Tucson
Yes To answer a few questions. Yes Fairrace. I met Henry at the gas station
acctully. So are u his. Brother. Either. Way. Weird way to connect
for me anyway..... . Tucson. And yes I wanted to get my pipe welded. To do
away with. The rubber hose peices. PM. Me if u think. Possible.
Also if u or anyone else in Tucson. Is exerienced in welding aluminum
I sure could use some help PM ME.

As far as the boost bottles go. From my first hand experiance
YES they make a difference. Honestly for my build. They did about
the same noticable Increase as the expansion chamber exhaust
one thing i can say is the paper work that came with it said to be
sure and not kink the hose or else it won't work( of course). But I've found
even. A acute angle bend inthe tubing makes for noticable performance loss
compared to makeing the tubing a short straigt shot.
So. Yes. I recomend the boost bottle. And will say first hand. It
makes a nice perfromance increase

Last edited by a moderator:

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Ok....so in yer experience the boost bottle(s) worked good for you huh? Well that's cool, cuz I had read another post someplace on this site by somebody else who was pissed bcuz it made no difference on his bike, n in fact was selling it for half of what he had just paid for it! It was actually kinda funny cuz basiczlly he jus got done sayin how hard it sucked and what a waste of time & money it was, n then asked if anybody wanted to buy it, kinda like somebody stickin their nose in n old stinky shoe, then sayin man that stinks, here smell it!

Ok I'm also kinda confused on something else in regards to the dual set up! I was reading somewhere about the boost bottles and how they work, n I coulda swore that it said something about the ideal boost bottle would be equal or close to the same in internal volume as the internal volume of the cylinder & combustion chamber with the piston in the down position? Know what I mean? So as small as these engines are I would think that 1 of those boost bottles is probly pretty close to equal to that, or at least that article I was reading said something to that effect anyway. I dunno maybe that dude had a kinked or sharp corner or something like what you were talkin about, n maybe that's why he didn't realize the gain.

I was wondering if perhaps you could figure out the approximate internal volume of each 1 of those bottles for me, n then what size is your engine, as I am thinking about creating my own boost bottle as opposed to purchasing 1 or 2! Cuz I mean if it was the same kinda performance boost as ya got from the expansion chamber, all I can say is wow! What kind of increase in performance did ya get with the expansion chamber? Cuz I dunno about you, but I swear on my grandmother's grave, that when I added the expansion chamber to mine, it immediately gained 5mph on my top speed! If I can get that out of a boost bottle, I'm all over it! Oh in case anybody is wondering, the expansion chamber I'm using is from a pocket bike exhaust that I got off ebay for 15 bux! The best single, and least expensive mod that I made! I was so happy with it!

Last edited:

Somacoma

Jun 21, 2009
Tucson
"Ok....so in yer experience the boost bottle(s) worked good for you huh? Well that's cool, cuz I had read another post someplace on this site by somebody else who was pissed bcuz it made no difference on his bike, n in fact was selling it for half of what he had just paid for it! It was actually kinda funny cuz basiczlly he jus got done sayin how hard it sucked and what a waste of time & money it was, n then asked if anybody wanted to buy it, kinda like somebody stickin their nose in n old stinky shoe, then sayin man that stinks, here smell it!"

"Ok I'm also kinda confused on something else in regards to the dual set up!"

Ok..... The doubting tone that runs threw ur responce is what confuses
me. Read all like and talk all u want the first hand experiance with the boost
bottle(s) is all i have to go on. What would I gain from spreading
misinformation (no boost bottle sales checks in my mail box)
one thing u hit on that I'd say run with is the building of ur own
from the looks of mine they are PVC with rounded end caps easily made
ones self. Throw a hose fitting and alittle epoxy in and save 20 bucks.
Wish I would of but ah it's what ever
oh and u got me beat. I only got a 4 mph increase with the boost bottles
36-40 flat. Oh well. And they were more then $15. .... Damn maybe next time ...
....just maybe ..(with fist thrown in the air as to curse
the heavens, then dropping to my knees in a slump knowing the
problem is here on earth,,). Just maybe! Sorry to much coffee corny movies and late nights

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Ok 2nd try here! Was done n messed up when I went to add pics! 1st off, the only doubt that I have is that I'm still NOT gonna try it for myself! However, I'm not so much interested in how "you" would build em, or the materials that would work as I am the approximate volume of each cannister, and the size of yer engine (49cc or 68.5). I'm gonna try and use a part of my frame if it passes the test, (size wise and if it's sealed) if it doesn't pass the test, I will make it pass! I'm another OCC guy, not sure how familiar you are with those frames but there's a spot(refer to attachment) that is otherwise dead space that I wanna try to use! will try it on the black 1, and if it worx, then the raw 1 which will be a trike when it's done will get it too!

Attachments