Another new guy from Texas

GoldenMotor.com

Chippa

Nov 5, 2015
Round Rock, Texas
Howdy,

I finally decided to register after going over this forum for about 1 month and a half.

I got this fantastic deal off of craigslist. This bike was sort of put together buy an 84 year old gentleman. He never rode it. Everything was brand new and never even ridden.

When I got it I had to take the whole thing a part. The chain tensioner was to loose, and the sprocket/nuts were not tightened down. But hey, the fella was 84 years old. He was a great guy too.

At any rate after dealing with the "stupid" chain tensioner pulley (I hate that thing), I finally took the motor mount plate off, and drilled and filed slots in the thing and remounted it, and got just enough length extension to throw out the "stupid" chain tensioner which I hate (did I already say that?).
Now I have 3/4" slack on the chain, the wheels on straight and everything tightened down.

Man I love this 7 speed bicycle. I use it for exercise and when I get too tired I use the engine.
Bicycle:
Schwinn Gateway 7 speed
Engine Kit: 49cc Flying Horse 5G pull start.

dance1

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, if you been visiting here for a month you have probably learned that you can find a lot of useful information here. By using the search feature near the top of the page I have found a lot of information on just about any subject.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Chippa.
We're glad you've come in from the cold and joined us. Like Greg said, there is a world of information here to be shared so don't be shy about asking. We have a rule. It says, "There are no dumb questions". If you can't find it by searching just ask. There's always someone here ready and willing to help, if/when you need it.

Have fun with your bike and please, ride safe.

Tom