Second Build (Fixie)

GoldenMotor.com

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Hey everyone been away from the forums for about 4 years now. Recently decided to motorize a fixie. Everything went well but after 5 minutes into the first ride my master link flew off and the chain came off. It was my fault i put the C clip on the wrong direction lol. Let me know what you think dance1

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome back!

Don't forget the draincock and filter when replacing that fuel line.
Can you adjust your drive-chain length to get rid of that tensioner? One less thing to fail...

Good looking build, nice and clean.

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Welcome back!

Don't forget the draincock and filter when replacing that fuel line.
Can you adjust your drive-chain length to get rid of that tensioner? One less thing to fail...

Good looking build, nice and clean.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I love the bikes and paint jobs in here. I recently started adding a bunch of blue to my green fixie, I actually wish I had bought a blue one. Oh and the first mile of my first build the chain flew off from the same mistake ha ha and I well know better from motorcycle chains.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
bought it from boygoesfast on e-bay i always pedal mine without the plug around the block so that the chain seats and the piston has a chance to score the cylinder a little without all that oil and i oil the bearings with 2 stroke oil when im assembling them

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
How do you motorize a fixie?

Thought these bikes had their rear sprocket attached to the hub with no free wheel. If you motorized one of these bikes as soon as you accelerate it would bust your shins.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I don't personally think scoring the cylinder is a good thing to do. Even microscopic nicks can lead to loss of compression and the rings can even catch I'm those microscopic nicks and make the scratch worse, leading to a higher loss in compression and even seizing the engine. After all, those cylinders are only lined with cheap chrome. Just my opinion.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i didnt really mean to say score i meant to seat the rings i was also thinking about a question i was going to answer on another web site LOL i was answering a question on reasons to replace the cylinder and i just thought about that while i was typing this post i do way too many things at one time LOL. i do two builds at a time and do other info on a few groups so a lot going through the ol" mind at once i just finished painting a kit and fixing another build from craigslist i could make a killing just on craigslist buys LOL

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
My personal philosophy is, whether it's two stroke or 4, never spin a gas engine without oil in it. To me, it's just asking for problems.