Do you feel smart today?

GoldenMotor.com

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I've always thought that modern science was... well, retarded.

For instance, how can you base the age of the Universe on what the half-life of carbon is RIGHT NOW?

Even scientists say the universe is expanding and cooling, so wouldn't it make sense that carbon might have broken down at a different rate say 1000's of years ago? Perhaps faster?

It's like, let me throw some chemicals on a rock... there's this much carbon left... so the Universe must be ::calculates in head:: 14.1 Billion years old! And they go as far to say there's only a +/- 1% chance of error. Come on you imbeciles!
I really not smart enough to get into the nuts and bolts of the origin of the universe but some things are obvious. Physics, like all human knowledge, is based on knowledge previously obtained through observation. When one enters the realm of extreme theoretical mathematics, one begins to make theory based upon previous theory. If that primary theory holds an error then all theories based on it may in fact be wrong in the extreme. If your original course is off by only a few degrees, your path will deviate further from your destination the further you travel.

Interestingly enough, deep space observation has reveled something that science can't explain. It doesn't fit the model of any matter or energy known and science has named this phenomenon "dark matter and dark energy". It is invisible but it does effect the way light behaves and that gave rise to the discovery. It has even been postulated that it makes up the vast majority of the universe and may point to a major error in Relativity itself.

Maybe, the more we learn, the further from total universal knowledge we get. Talk about a paradox.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
After watching him do calculus on the window, all I can come up with is ummm... derrrrrrr.... (drool running out of corner of mouth) yeah.....ok.

Waaaaayyyyy over my pea brained head!