how long can you last?

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ahh! to be young again...countryjoe and the fish. lot's of faded memory's...too much tiestick and gunpowder, time only goes forward like a roll of t.p. slow at first,faster at the end. use it wisely

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
honestly, this is trash. sounds like one of these "germanys next superstar" kids....OMG^^

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
as cheesey as it is, i have grandkid's that age. and i'd like them to live that style of clean week-end fun after school. Not very many kid's live this [i know its make belive] video world but its really harmless fun. its a lot better than gangsta shootem'up kool compton crap pitting human against human. i know, i grew up in compton and got the bullet wounds to prove it. i know my ticket to **** is punched. just dont need no kids their with me.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
wow! thanks for the info. and i thought it was some kind of inocent high school musical. next thing i'll be sending my savings to africa...

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
according to yahoo it was produced by a small company that is trying to make people famous on youtube, leading em to bigger things afterwards, like how justin beiber got started, i think justins bad, but she tops his level of terribad with ease.

this was there first successful attempt, and it was successful for all the wrong reasons xD

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
All the crap that people think is "good music"! Am I glad that I didn't grow up in this generation!

If this stuff makes the radio, then I will want to hear some of that good ole Frank Zappa that never makes it due to censorship.........like "Bobby Brown Goes Down"(found on youtube also)

.......only on youtube!

dnut

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
hiker... although in so many ways I do agree w/ya - I do hafta point out one small detail...

Every generation w/o exception has said jus' about exactly the same thing about the following generation lol ;)

How awesome would it be to overhear the griping 'bout "kids these days and their bdanged devil music" in say - Beethoven's era? That dude was a metalhead in the day heh \m/

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Kinda makes ya wonder where he'd (Beethoven) be today, doesn't it?

hiker... although in so many ways I do agree w/ya - I do hafta point out one small detail...

Every generation w/o exception has said jus' about exactly the same thing about the following generation lol ;)

How awesome would it be to overhear the griping 'bout "kids these days and their bdanged devil music" in say - Beethoven's era? That dude was a metalhead in the day heh \m/

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak

Sooo true. I remember the criticism I got, and have made it a point to be open minded and accepting of things that are a matter of taste rather than fact, but it ain't easy sometimes. What is scary is that after becoming an olefart, I even criticize the adults now. :>O

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
I guess the main difference between the current generation and past generations is the "quality" of the devil's music. Beethoven, Led Zeppelin all of the artists of the past had talent. The crap that is being shoved down the throats of the youth today is numbing.

Here is a good video that explains why everything has gone down hill since the 60's

YouTube - 'Why everything sucks'
theres still plenty of good music that appeals to young people being made, it's just not getting as much radio play. garbage gets played on the free radio, get sirius or XM radio and theres tons of good music in all sorts of genres.

pop music has always sucked, just not as much as it does now.

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I have been surfing all the various threads and posts here and I never in a million years thought I would "Country Joe and the Fish" anywhere on this website. Newbie here, (or oldbee depending on your point of view!) across the street from Burbank. Just hit the big 200 miles on my first but probably not last MB.

Country Joe (the lead singer) now is a professor at Berkeley, so I hear.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
my mom worked for an airline that had a contract to fly home our servicemen back from vietnam. her job was to clean the plane after everyone departed. before they got off the plane they were told that any contraband found on them would require brig time and a courtmartial. since alot of people came right out the jungle on to the plane alot of things were left on the plane including weed, heroin, pistols, handgrenades, ear's, you name it and of course a country joe and the fish album... give me a F... oh and my sister in law hated the frank zappa, wessels rip my flesh album i got her for christmas [she still talks about it!]

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
oh and my sister in law hated the frank zappa, wessels rip my flesh album i got her for christmas [she still talks about it!]
Well, Zappa isn't for everybody. I don't have that album though......if that's really early stuff that may have some of that Doo Wop kinda music, which I'm not into, but he did so many different kinds of genres that there is enough for just about anyone. I bet I have close to 50+ albums from him!