Should I buy this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I went to wal-mart and they had a huffy cranbrook that they had chained up outside with a bunch of other bikes for a summer sale...The bike has minor rust on the handle bars and has a dented chain cover,other than that is looks new....The bike cost 88.96,but he said he would give me 25% off on the bike so it would be around 60 bucks....Good deal or not?Here is a pic of the bike as all of you have probley allready seen at your local wal-mart.... Walmart.com: 26" Men's Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser Bike, Champagne: Bikes, Scooters & Skates
If I buy this bike do I need to get a u bracket mount from sick bike parts 14 bucks?Or will the hardware that comes with it be big enough?If I do buy the front U bracket mount from sickbikeparts,do I need the small bracket or the large on????
John-John

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I went to wal-mart and they had a huffy cranbrook that they had chained up outside with a bunch of other bikes for a summer sale...The bike has minor rust on the handle bars and has a dented chain cover,other than that is looks new....The bike cost 88.96,but he said he would give me 25% off on the bike so it would be around 60 bucks....Good deal or not?Here is a pic of the bike as all of you have probley allready seen at your local wal-mart.... Walmart.com: 26" Men's Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser Bike, Champagne: Bikes, Scooters & Skates
If I buy this bike do I need to get a u bracket mount from sick bike parts 14 bucks?Or will the hardware that comes with it be big enough?If I do buy the front U bracket mount from sickbikeparts,do I need the small bracket or the large on????
John-John
Down here in G'ville they have the same exact bike at WallyWorld for $84 with flawless finishes...( at the time they had three in stock )....I've seen several posts here in the forum where people have built them up......how long they last or how they perform I've no idea but for such a low cost build I'd say go for it ( I may very well do the same )....my nickels worth....

Laters,
Salty.shft.