Schwinn Errand Hi-Torque

GoldenMotor.com

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Hey all. This is gonna be the last bike I build for myself for some time. Hope you all like it. It's stock right now but I'm gonna be working on it bit by bit. I got it from walmart.com for 250$ with the shipping. Too bad the rims they came with were total butt. rear rim had a badly warped spoke in it so I bought a nice double wall quick detach rim for 50$. Bike has front and rear QD rims, all steel construction, front and seatpost suspension, and a uper sturdy pannier rack (Gave my lil bro a ride @ 60 lbs).

Just put on a regular LEB X-80 ht motor kit on there. Like i said, everything is stock, but I do have a 50 tooth sprocket on there. It was the only one that rolled true (Or as close to it, right now it has a tiny jump, will work on later). Torque is awesome on it, i can take off from a stationary stop without pedaling. I weigh 180 lbs, and that ride with my lil bro brought the weight up to 240 lbs, and I was still getting great response from the motor. My plan is to (obviously) true out the sprocket, put an arrow bikes torquer II exhaust on it (That pipe is amazing, my 29er has it and its great), put a NT speed carb on there, and possibly a shift kit. The bike has great torque but after about 25 mph the engine is revving pretty damn high. so high, that it actually broke my spark plug boot lol... anyways pics time!

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
Hey all. This is gonna be the last bike I build for myself for some time. Hope you all like it. It's stock right now but I'm gonna be working on it bit by bit. I got it from walmart.com for 250$ with the shipping. Too bad the rims they came with were total butt. rear rim had a badly warped spoke in it so I bought a nice double wall quick detach rim for 50$. Bike has front and rear QD rims, all steel construction, front and seatpost suspension, and a uper sturdy pannier rack (Gave my lil bro a ride @ 60 lbs).

Just put on a regular LEB X-80 ht motor kit on there. Like i said, everything is stock, but I do have a 50 tooth sprocket on there. It was the only one that rolled true (Or as close to it, right now it has a tiny jump, will work on later). Torque is awesome on it, i can take off from a stationary stop without pedaling. I weigh 180 lbs, and that ride with my lil bro brought the weight up to 240 lbs, and I was still getting great response from the motor. My plan is to (obviously) true out the sprocket, put an arrow bikes torquer II exhaust on it (That pipe is amazing, my 29er has it and its great), put a NT speed carb on there, and possibly a shift kit. The bike has great torque but after about 25 mph the engine is revving pretty damn high. so high, that it actually broke my spark plug boot lol... anyways pics time!

I have a used speed carb for sale.I also have the MM billet intake. Take a look.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46283
Let me know if your interested
Mark

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
Sucks for me.... the motor is wobbling off the frame. I didn't use the rear mount brick thing it comes with as it doesnt fit around the seatpost, i only have the 2 bolts that stick out with the rear mount. too much lateral movement with the motor. Any ideas how to get it on right?

alesterfeind

Nov 18, 2014
Flower Mound, TX
Dimentio,

I know this was an old post, but was wondering how this bike held up for you. I am thinking of getting the same bike and putting a motor on it at some point.

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
I actually took the motor off some time ago. Recently, however, I purchased a new engine off of ebay. The mounting was much better and the sprocket lines up nearly perfectly. Way better now.

dimentio

Jan 5, 2013
philadelphia
i hate to say, it pretty much looks the same in the pic except a chrome muffler. I got a 05 G35 sedan now so I've been modding that instead of making bikes lately. I still keep the bike around tho