Gas Tanks

GoldenMotor.com

Threesixtyg

Dec 25, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
Has anyone ever seen a bag that hangs from the seat or on the front forks that has the leather look and feel but actually acts as a gas tank? I would rather use something like that rather then the typical gas tank that comes with the kit..

Thanks

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Well fuel tanks on race cars use a bladder inside a metal tank, I don't see why not in a leather bag. Finding the bladder with a lid, Maybe experiment with a hot water bottle that has the hose attached.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
One of them round old rotor tiller gas tanks would be great if you could find one, maybe on the net or ebay will have just what you are looking for.

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Sorry Charlie, most food containing elastometers (rubber) are EPDM today. That is a hydrocarbon product and not compatible with gas.

I tested the bungs in a 1.33 gal.mini-keg and they swelled 25% in gas for a week, then shrunk to 75% when removed from the gasoline. So the mini-keg project was a bust. The Stainless Steel was too thin for me to braze covers on it. $30 down the drain.

May have to steal the round tank off the Briggs engine on my trencher and replace it with something else. That tank must be 30 years old and galvanized.

Jim

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If you wait after until next year, SCSW will have front mounted gas tanks for sale. Hardware included.