The new toy

GoldenMotor.com

Patrick3000

May 22, 2012
maryland
I have been collecting parts to put one of these together but was able to pick this up today for a very nice price. It needs some work but I should be able to get her running as good as she looks.

.shft.

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Looks mint!

Any idea where I might find a brooks seat like that? They seem to cost more than the bike and engine kit combined! I just want a similar one as above but only have a budget of $20-30.

Patrick3000

May 22, 2012
maryland
Went through the bike this weekend checking all of the nuts and bolts, lots of little adjustments to the cables, wheel alignment etc. also changed the fluids and must say that I am impressed. The bike is loads of fun and the build quality is very nice. The color has started to grow on me and I think that the orange wheels are going to stay at least for awhile. The only thing left to do is change to a smaller sprocket it currenty has a 56 and I'm not sure if I need a 48 or 44 looking to hit 30 mph while still being able to climb some hills.

Best regards,

.shft.

Patrick3000

May 22, 2012
maryland
Looks mint!

Any idea where I might find a brooks seat like that? They seem to cost more than the bike and engine kit combined! I just want a similar one as above but only have a budget of $20-30.
Thanks it cleaned up nice. The seat is a Brooks saddle, Your best bet for the seat is probably one of the auction sites I have seen some knock offs at a lower price but still may be more than your budget.

Patrick3000

May 22, 2012
maryland
what kind of motor is on that? I have seen similar ones but still don't know what type.
It was advertised as a Honda 49cc but after close examination I believe it is the Hang Sang 49cc. Either way it is a nice engine and I just received a long header and free flowing air filter from AGK, should open things up a bit.

.shft.