ngk spark plug for slant head

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Not on mine, I run a grubee 48cc slant head and use the b6hs in it. If it is the same china girl engine kit you should not have any problems. Get the piston at top dead center and screw the plug in, then screw it out and see if the gap closed up if not it did not hit.

Last edited:

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I have a 48cc slat head too,but can't find a place with that nkg b6hs to buy from.Please tell me where to find it or a nother brand....Thanks

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
I have a 48cc slat head too,but can't find a place with that nkg b6hs to buy from.Please tell me where to find it or a nother brand....Thanks
Pep Boys, Auto Zone, O'reilleys, NAPA Auto Parts etc. They can also cross reference it to AC Delco, Champion and other plug mfrs for you.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

phinseth

Oct 18, 2011
elk river, minnesota
anyone know if a ngk bp5hs or a champion L90c plug will fit a boy go fast 66/80cc slant head motor. my stock plug crapped out on me so i need a new one. and my auto parts store only carries these 2. or should i go with the ngk b5hs plug off of sick bike parts?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The "p" is for the extended tip, it works in my slant head 48cc. With ngk the lower the number the higher the heat range, run it and do a plug check or chop as it is sometimes called and look for signs of heat related problems.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Phinseth I running the ngk b6hs its great plug it's not as hot as the b5hs I would start with the 6 series first if not hot enough change there cheap enough to change.I can get them at most auto parts stores.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I use the BP7HS and have no issues I also use 2 aluminum head gadgets though however it never hit the piston when I had just a one.

I just put the second one on because, I read told me you can get more compression or some thing

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Yes Greg your 100% correct in fact before i put in the second gasket I was getting blow by out of the single gasket when I swapped to angle head because of to much compression.
However when I put in the second gasket "Even though one would think this will not fix your blowout issue " it did & the only reason it did was because " like you stated Greg "it lowered the compression" & stopped all that black oil from getting all over my bike and my legs