KC's 'Keg' Under Seat Tank

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This has been a fun project, an under seat 'beer keg' tank for our MB's that carried enough fuel to go 75 miles no matter how fast your Chinese motor kit build is if you needed it to.

Officially .69 gallons, or 2.6 Liter 4x10" tank.
I had Coyote Tanks make the tank with a venting cap and my angles and such, but no mountings.

I originally planed to tuck the tank clear up under the seat against the post until I found something different...

The cool part is how you mount the tank to your seat.
Do you see a pair of familiar Grubee kit mounting pieces in this?

It should work out perfect I think ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That's awesome, KCvale, you're a MaB parts ninja! Best use for ragjoint parts ever! :D

Love the Coyote tanks. I run a 6x12" and my brother runs a 4x8", both endfillers with stock brackets under seat, using laser-cut mounts.
Thanks Aleman ;-}
I always use 4/5 combo of rag joint back plates so I have a bunch of the 3/3 plates around.

I want to modify the next ones so the filler is a little more vertical like this photshop of the tank above.

They also need a smaller bottom fitting so you can use the stock tanks petcock. There are also 3 different combinations of the extra kit parts for securing the tank to the two rag joint brackets so chances are just the tank with it's gas cap and two mounting nubs is all you need to buy.

I tried the tank on 4 completely different bikes, 3 with a beach cruiser size seat, and one was skinny 10-speed type seat.
Since it mounts to the seats mount bolt it fit perfect on all 4 and it is adjustable at both ends to get it where you want it, but the 4x10" long tank did feel cumbersome when getting on the high skinny 10-speed seat.

Funds permitting I am going to order 5 more with my design changes.
Figure ~$150 if you want one of them.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I just noticed, you're using the same type of saddle I have (Velo Webspring dual coil), albeit reskinned:

I think it's perhaps the most comfortable I've used. Long rides, my left shoulder is the first to protest, the duff never does!

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It looks good but you're probably going to have to add a third tank mount to keep the tank from moving from road vibrations... Also the seat is very close & will probably hit the tank when someone sits on it. ;)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Nice seat post shock, I have one my bike as well and they really make a difference.
It looks good but you're probably going to have to add a third tank mount to keep the tank from moving from road vibrations... Also the seat is very close & will probably hit the tank when someone sits on it. ;)
That picture is deceiving, the seat doesn't hit the tank with the springs compressed but yes, a horizontal tab ~2" up and centered between the two vertical tabs so it can attach to the seats cross member will be added as well.