hi from sin city

GoldenMotor.com

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
a big hello to everyone from the wackiest city west of the missisipi.

I have just embraced this crazy hobby a couple of months and oh boy, i need a bigger garage, more money and an understanding wife, is this my mid life crisis period because if it is i am having way too much fun..

My first venture was to electrify my wifes trike,and since she got a new toy, well i just had to join her, and been not too mechanicial minded i went with a gebe setup.

Hopefully in the not to distant future i will brave the waters and buy a happy time they just look way too cool mounted in the frames, a nice cruiser and the pride of the neighbourhood honors ( at least with the 4 year olds,still with their training wheels)...

:ride:

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
Hi VP

My son is out there now, working on the City Center.

He has a tandem at his mother in laws house in SoCal, I sure would like to get it in the MB world. (as in move it into YOUR garage???)
a big hi and thankyou for the warm welcome,

for bama, i hope your kid is ok, the amount of construction deaths out here has been crazy, that project along has had 9 since it started, it was getting so bad that the contractors where in DC last month, and the stats came back that you had a better chance of surviving a tour in iraq than working on the citycenter job site.. oh and by the way the garage, i am amazed i can even close the door their is so much junk crammed in their, sorry bama.

for detontator i got my hands on the 15 tooth gear cog but havnt threaded it yet, my engine isnt close to been broke in yet so that project is on the back boiler.

I havnt seen many motorized bikes out here , but this city has got real big real fast,and have only found one or two guys with builds they posted about. I did find a guy on Craigs List who sells trek bikes with a ht installed for $550 living in henderson.

I had been using the bike to do part of my commute but i havnt had a chance to get out much lately as my wife suffers from MS so i have to around as much as possible with the young kids, the summer heat kills her.

JdubsLBC

Jul 27, 2008
LONG BEACH
vegaspaddy,

nice to see you on the forum...my sis lives in vegas so i'm over there a lot from long beach...

please be careful riding. drivers in las vegas are [i know it's hard to believe] more aggressive and hostile than drivers in southern california.

also i have a pretty interesting idea [a joke] for your bike. i'm sure you have seen, maybe not, pictures of diesel prototype motorcycles with the big car size radiator behind the front forks....well, as it is easily 114 many summer days i propose mounting an ac condensor behind your front forks, installing a rear bike rack with a separate engine and an ac compressor. you could fabricate a ridiculous looking space suit with vacuum cleaner hose coming off the compressor and going to your helmet, armpits, and lower region. good luck getting off your bike though...quick release?? definitely a design stage idea. =]

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
yea, luckly i am used to the traffic since i have been living here for the last 8 years, drivers,yeap, everybody thinks its local derby night down at the fig 8 racetrack, since moving here we have been rear-ended about 5-6 times, the first thing you do when you buy a new car, get a walmart shopping cart ding and people leave you along.....

heat what heat, theirs nothing better than cruising around at 110 just remember the camelback and plenty of sunscreen,at least the guys in phoneix have it hotter than us.