OP Roller "Black Magic"

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Gang.I got a call from a customer that I built a Schwinn Point Beach for last year and he wants me to build him another bike.
I asked him why since his bike is just getting broken-in after 2,000 miles he say's he just want's another one!
This one's going to be an OP "Roller" I'm calling "Black Magic"
I'll keep you updated with the build as I go.
Here's pics of the bike Fresh from WAL-MART on sale $98.and a head light and tail light kit $14.96
Total=119.74 out tha door!
Ordered from Pirate Cycles a Black 2010 Grubee GT5 66cc w/angle fire head and race carb $175.And 2 side pull brake kits one for the front and one for the rear.$20 each.+$35 shipping.
I have a dual pull brake lever.You can order that from Pirate also for $15+.
Total from Pirate Cycles=$250.
Total so far $369.74.
Here's pics of the bike Fresh from Wal-Mart,and with the decals peeled off.

Attachments

roginc

Jul 31, 2010
Memphis
These things are getting poplar. I have one and I know a few others have them also. Might want to do a search to see what others are doing.

You will have to build custom mounts because these tubes are much larger than what the kits allow

My chain was rubbing the tire so I had to do some realigning and I broke my clutch putting it on the handle bars because of the size.

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
These things are getting poplar. I have one and I know a few others have them also. Might want to do a search to see what others are doing.

You will have to build custom mounts because these tubes are much larger than what the kits allow

My chain was rubbing the tire so I had to do some realigning and I broke my clutch putting it on the handle bars because of the size.

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.
Did you see the one called the Black Widow in the picture Thread?Kip.

Red dog

Oct 12, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Hey,

Just started my first build on a bike and it just happens that I picked the same bike. Any suggestions that might help it go smoother? I plan on stripping the bike down and painting it first since I have a few weeks before the engine arrives. Like I said, it is the first one I am building so any advice will help