My "old" motorbike. Mt Bike conversion

GoldenMotor.com

flinttim

May 7, 2008

Here's my old motorbike, built about 5 yrs ago. It was built up on a salvaged mt bike frame. It uses caliper brakes and I included a shot of the brake lever I used. It's made for handicaped folks but works very well to activate both front and rear brakes.
I added balloon tires,saddlebags (I made those) a big wide handle bar that looks like the ones from old motorcycles and a set of chrome fenders. The seat is from an old exercise bike. I recovered it (I'm an auto upholsterer by the way) Watch the trash for these. They turn up now and then and are very comfortable.
The headlight is homemade and runs from a 6 volt battery in the saddlebags. Same for the taillight.
On this bike it was better to use the idler with the kit on the peddle chain and the drive chain is direct. Enjoy and if you have questions , feel free to ask.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Nice looking bike. I like the cruiser style motorized bikes better than the mountain bike style. Probably my 50+ year old bones.................:D

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Thats a very tidy machine - personally I am still undecided on the MTB/Cruiser question - but on balance I think its gonna be the Cruiser style.

Mines under 'lone rackee'

welcome to the forum.

Jemma xx

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
That's what a mountain bike should look like . I wanted to use an exercise bike seat on my bike but thought that with no springs the ride would be too harsh . The saddle and bags look great . ...... D.J.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Great looking bike Tim and you have my favorite engine. I've tried several diffrent types of motors and the round head is the smoothest, quietest and strongest of the bunch. I also like your exercycle seat looks comfy...Kelly