New, and was lookin for advise.

GoldenMotor.com

brownie64

May 19, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm interested in mounting a friction drive motor on my Schwinn Avenue. But wanted to check with you guys before I went through the expense of doing so. I was interested in getting the 38cc four stroke friction kit from BikeBerry.com.
First is this a quality kit?
Second I weigh about 260 is it going to be powerful enough for that, or would the 49cc be the better answer. I would prefer the 38cc if it will suffice.
Thanks' for any advise guys. Jeff

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Depends on what you're looking for. Are you wanting something to help while you pedal? Or are you wanting to pedal on takeoff only? You won't be going very fast on either one, and you will still need to pedal up hill on both. It's just a question of if you want it to assist more, or just some.

brownie64

May 19, 2016
Indiana, USA
Depends on what you're looking for. Are you wanting something to help while you pedal? Or are you wanting to pedal on takeoff only? You won't be going very fast on either one, and you will still need to pedal up hill on both. It's just a question of if you want it to assist more, or just some.
Thanks for the reply.
I was mainly wanting it as an assist, however I was hoping to be able to rely on it getting me home if I tire out. Not really looking for something to shoot me to 30 miles an hour up hill, but was hopping it will get me home without blowing the thing up. I also liked the idea of being able to lift it up and turn the bike bake to normal without any resistance.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I'll put it this way. I shot around for a while on a weedeater 20cc friction drive. Not fast, but it was faster than i could pedal. It also maintained that speed longer than I could. So I'm fairly certain that the 35 will work for you.

brownie64

May 19, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'll put it this way. I shot around for a while on a weedeater 20cc friction drive. Not fast, but it was faster than i could pedal. It also maintained that speed longer than I could. So I'm fairly certain that the 35 will work for you.
Thank you this makes my decision much easer. Just wasn't sure my fat but would break it or not.