Boost Bottles; probably going to install.

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I have 2 boost bottles from bikeberry. Still not sure whether I should do one or both, but I believe I may choose to install them. I have heard that there is a certain way of installing them, like so :

At an angle, so that the fumes will be directed into the bottle.

I already have trouble with idling, so hopefully the bottle would help me idle better (or actually, idle at all!).

Also, another issue I hear is air leaks. I will seal all around with silicone to avoid this.

My only other concern is one or two. I was thinking one would be more efficient because it matches engine displacement.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have 2 boost bottles from bikeberry. Still not sure whether I should do one or both, but I believe I may choose to install them. I have heard that there is a certain way of installing them, like so :

At an angle, so that the fumes will be directed into the bottle.

I already have trouble with idling, so hopefully the bottle would help me idle better (or actually, idle at all!).

Also, another issue I hear is air leaks. I will seal all around with silicone to avoid this.

My only other concern is one or two. I was thinking one would be more efficient because it matches engine displacement.
I install them on all my bikes. My bottles are a perfect or almost perfect cc match to the engine. I make my own.. ... . I can tell the difference especially at idling. The connection to the intake is a 1/8" NPT nipple. I tap the intake, run the nipple and start grinding on the nipple so that the nipple does not protrude into the intake. Now here is where (I hate to say it) JB Weld is used. After I get the proper fit (nipple to intake) I JB Weld the threads on the nipple and install it. I don't install it at a angle as the nipple doesn't interfere with the air flow going through the intake.

JB Weld has many uses, but very few on a MB. This is one.

Last edited:

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Al, good to hear. Each bottle from bikeberry is designed for a 66cc engine I believe, but it is a dual kit, and I've heard good things about using both. What would happen if I have double the displacement's worth of boost bottles?

Where did you tap? I don't see anything on the manifold? Some help on installing would be absolutely, absolutely awesome. Maybe just a pic of where you tapped?

I like you're idea of grinding smooth. Do you grind it absolutely smooth, or leave a little so that there are some threads?

The angle wasn't for interference, but so that the return wave of fumes is directed into the bottle.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I have thought about ordeing one from pirate but didnt think it would make much of a difference. I have no problems ideling or anything like that, just thought may improve performance. Anythoughts?

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
I have thought about ordeing one from pirate but didnt think it would make much of a difference. I have no problems ideling or anything like that, just thought may improve performance. Anythoughts?
I've heard for some it works, others, not. But it needs to be installed properly. I also heard it usually doesnt give more top end speed, but a smoother engine and more low end power.

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Ok guys, I decided only to install one boost bottle. GOOD NEWS!

It DID help!! Vibration was significantly reduced at the top end, and I get faster acceleration! (NOT a placebo effect!). I also only have to hold the throttle at about 1/2 to get near full speed, where I had to go WOT to get that originally.

I did notice a true difference. I tapped straight into the Manifold, but grinded the fitting first so that it would not interfere with the flow. Sealed with JB weld on threads and all around it. Used Gasket sealer on the tube and nozzle.

I think the most important thing is that there are no air leaks, which are extremely difficult to detect. You just have to seal it as well as possible.

I reccomend it!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
GREAT !

Tnx for the post.

I'll do like Alf and make one soon...
Got new irons in the fire, though.
I just read that post on the Russian motors and realized the stoopid little noise mine is making probably means the bearings in the clutch could probably use some grease. Before it becomes a BIG noise! I think I better do that before anything else... like riding!

Alf, do you include the volume of the hook-up tube in deciding how big to make your PVC chamber?

Best
rc

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I was thinking about that on my first one, but didn't. It ran so good that I just measure the bottle itself.

Keep watching this post and I'll give you the materials and measurements for a 66 cc bottle.