throttle wont work

GoldenMotor.com

mathersi

Apr 5, 2011
ON
im pretty new with these bikes, i bought one used and i decided to by myself a new engine to replace my old one.... so i installed everything and my throttle hande is basically stuck, wont do anything, i mean it can twist a very little bit but when i went to start the engine, i couldnt apply any gas...

HELP?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum mathersi

Did you install the slide in the carb correctly? They go in a certain way. The long grove on the slide goes towards the right of your bike and the short grove goes to the left for the idle screw adjuster.

mathersi

Apr 5, 2011
ON
thanks for replying :) im new to this forum also...

yeah i tried that i unscrewed the carb and that slide was kinda jamed :)

ive also got a small problem with my clutch.... when im squeezing the handle to ride with my peddles, it sounds like the clutch is slightly engaged when im walking the bike forwards?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Mathers, as for the throttle not operating properly. I for one on my first build reversed the throttle when I installed it. I know **it happens. Remember if your throttle twists counter clockwise or towards you you've installed it properly.

Hope you problem is resolved with throttle & starting issues.

Good Luck,
Crazy Horse..shft.

mathersi

Apr 5, 2011
ON
thanks, got the throttle working :) but my engine aint starting so i contacted my dealer and am getting him to send over the rest of the kit so i can make everything brand new.

( i bought a replacement engine )

s_mullee

Aug 8, 2011
Madison
My throttle does not function. I just installed my Jet 66cc/ 80cc kit. It works but the throttle does not. I am able to use the thumb gear shifter to increase the speed then shift down to slow down. The throttle spins but has no impact on the idle.

The kit I got had this part already assembled. There is a small kink in the line that could be the problem but I am not sure how to check it. I guess I would like to know exactly how the throttle should be working with the carburetor. I disassemble that part and make sure it is working properly. If that is assembled properly then I can examine the kink to determine if it is the cause.
All advice is appreciated.