Seat post size

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I am looking for an new seat post for my O.P. bike I bought at wal mart . I am thinking about this seat post Amazon.com: Truvativ 2010 Stylo Race Alloy Mountain Bicycle Seatpost - 400mm: Sports & Outdoors I found at amazon . The seat I bought here Worksman Cycles - Accessory Store at worksman is lovely to me , but the back and fourth teeth are very striped out and and the bike is too dangerous to ride like this. The alen bolt type seems better to me. I don’t know what size the post is on my O.P. is since I don’t have an metric measuring tape . another thing that came in mind is that the rails under the worksman seat may be too wide ? Just an guess would help me , or another avenue for an seat post idea

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
Make sure whatever post you decide to buy is the correct diameter. There are so many different sizes for the modern bikes. Pull the post completely out of your frame and examine the lower part of it. Many posts have the diameter stamped into it. Hope that helps. The other thing to consider is to only replace the clamping assembly that fastens to the two underside rails of the seat. It sounds to me like that might be an option for you.