Wide Engine Mount Spacer

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Guys I need a 2 inch wide mount spacer. Does anyone know what vendor sells this? I need a wider mount to space into my front mounts. I have check all sites that I know off including e-bay they all measured to 1.5 inches only. Desparately needs help. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
for 35 bucks, Jim at creative engineering had a fantastic mount set up. He's on the side bar to the left
I'm planning a road trip first week of Feb. for the exact mount you speak of Paul....I'm 2.5 hours north of Jim and figured I'd pay less for gas than I would shipping since I'm also going to be purchasing his sprocket and adapter as well as his intake....I spoke with Jim on the phone this week and he said " come on down ! ".....his mounts are the bomb !

Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Guys I need a 2 inch wide mount spacer. Does anyone know what vendor sells this? I need a wider mount to space into my front mounts. I have check all sites that I know off including e-bay they all measured to 1.5 inches only. Desparately needs help. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks
Gas Bike sells a universal mount that will fit 99% of the frames out there ....I bought one myself and it works just fine.....www.gasbike.net

Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Yeah...Thanks Salty. But all I need is a spacer since there was an inch and a half gap between my motor and my custom front mount from Ridleys.
You're welcome Kev and sorry I can't be of more help....Have you considered a machine shop fabricating one for you ?.....a small piece such as that shouldn't be too pricey......

Salty.shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kev,
Do you mean 'wide' or 'thick'? I consider the width to be the distance from side to side. The bolt centers are only about 1 5/8" inches so you couldn't open up the saddle, semi-circular portion to 2". If you mean the thickness, from the engine case to the seat tube center, then fabricating a 1/2" spacer shouldn't be difficult. A piece of scrap aluminum should be easy to find or even your local Ace hardware has 1/4" aluminum that you could stack to give you the extra 1/2" you need.
Tom

Last edited:

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
In the past, I have used flat aluminum stock literally glued together to the correct thickness and then cut/filed to shape. (I was 15 and Honda wanted some ridiculous money for an axel block on my 125) I think all I use was hondabond, and it worked great for five racing seasons.