Installation Instructions?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You need to mix your fuel in a separate container, not the bike fuel tank.
The primary gears (right side of engine) only require a small dab of grease every so often. Don't over do it because the clutch is a dry friction surface and excessive lubrication will compromise the clutch friction pads. No other lubrication is necessary except for the clutch actuator cam, pin and ball that make up the moving parts of the clutch actuator.
Tom

speedster239

Nov 26, 2009
Torrance, CA
You need to mix your fuel in a separate container, not the bike fuel tank.
The primary gears (right side of engine) only require a small dab of grease every so often. Don't over do it because the clutch is a dry friction surface and excessive lubrication will compromise the clutch friction pads. No other lubrication is necessary except for the clutch actuator cam, pin and ball that make up the moving parts of the clutch actuator.
Tom
Thanks, Tom! Is there any exploded views of what these engines look like from the inside?

Yep, I learned not to mix my two stroke oil in the gas tank directly earlier today. Some of the oil settled to the bottom of the tank and just got sucked into the carburetor in a big glob of oil, obviously killing the engine. At this point I drained the tank. The gas was still red which means that most of the oil did get mixed in with the gas, however I've got a separate gas can now and I'll make sure I mix my oi/gas in that from now on. I've run 1.5 tanks worth of fuel so far. Once I reach tank number four I'm reducing my mixture to 24:1 and then tank five I'm reducing it to 30:1 permanently.

-Vaughan

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Thanks for the links guys!

So here's a question. How would you recommend I mount the gas tank if my rear brake and two shifter cables are routed on top of the frame where the tank should sit? I'd really prefer not to have to pull them all off and insert new cable sheeth over them, so I'm brainstorming different ways to get the tank on without disturbing their function.
i drilled too holes and put two small plates with washers for hight above cables mounted tank to the small brackets i install!!!!!.weld

Last edited: