What's the longest you've sat and stared at your motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I can't look at mine for more than a couple minutes or I'll find something else needs to be done, Then I'm no longer staring, I'm WORKING. SO, I ride it, jump off quick and dont look back or I'll be doing SOMETHING to it, AGAIN. I service my bike a LOT. But if I just stared at it I would grab a rag and wipe her down or a 10mm an start checking nuts. Thats the price of owning a China Girl. She demanda A LOT of attention.
Big Red.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I stare at your bikes a lot too. :)
Thanks Motortriker ;-}

What gets me more than anything on any build is after I take the pics of the 'finished' bike and see something.

Here is a typical example of my newest just finished 'basic build'.
Nothing extra than I always do but the tubes, liners, keylock ignition and Headlight.

Macargi Touch with a 2013 'parts in a box' SKyhawk 66cc.

You won't see what still needed doing but I saw it and it's done now just in time for customer pick-up.

Damn these high rez cameras, I spend more time staring at the pics than the bike itself on simple builds like this!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Motortriker ;-}

What gets me more than anything on any build is after I take the pics of the 'finished' bike and see something.

Here is a typical example of my newest just finished 'basic build'.
Nothing extra than I always do but the tubes, liners, keylock ignition and Headlight.

Macargi Touch with a 2013 'parts in a box' SKyhawk 66cc.

You won't see what still needed doing but I saw it and it's done now just in time for customer pick-up.

Damn these high rez cameras, I spend more time staring at the pics than the bike itself on simple builds like this!
Besides adjusting the front brake and perhaps the carb......the angle of the rear reflector is out of whack ;)

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Mostly because I can't sit still for very long due to joint and muscle discomfort creative staring lasts for a long as it takes me to drink a cup of green tea. I sit on the back doorstep which is sheltered by the carport roof and the cat usually sits beside me and stares too. I'm sure I make the next door neighbour smile whenever he sees us both sitting there.

Generally most examining and thinking goes on while I'm moving around the bike looking and touching. Sitting too long hurts once I get moving again so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Besides adjusting the front brake and perhaps the carb......the angle of the rear reflector is out of whack ;)
Ohh that darn reflector! hehehe ;-}

Naw, I put the light wire in the cable bundle with multiple zip ties to the frame so it doesn't stand out and it makes it much harder for someone to steal.

Curse 4000x3000 resolution pics!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Longest I've stared at it? Hmmm...I dunno. Does it count if you're futzing, fiddling, and tinkering the whole time? Or just the staring? I don't think I've counted before.

Back in a few. Have to go out and time myself. It's for science ya know.