~ Just needs to be asked ~

GoldenMotor.com

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
I just have to ask a basic question that I didn't see covered on the forum...first a statement: I have an awesome local guy from our motorized bicycle club building me a custom bike to fit my size, my first ever motoredbike in fact. I am a big guy...almost 300 lbs. My question is this: Is my 80/66 cc China motor going to be able to get me going...or will it be like a sad Chris Farley song " Fat guy on a little bike " LOL. Thank you in advance for " kind " replies other than..." Loose the weight fatty. " =)

-Eric

.shft.

flynchef

Jun 5, 2008
Wilmington, IL
All that needs to be done is have the builder put a larger diameter sprocket on the rear. i think i'm running a 56 tooth and i weigh close to you. you do loose top end but who cares it is nice to peddle 2 strokes and let out the clutch and pull away from a stoplight. i cruise at approx. 19mph plenty fast for my old body.. good luck and have fun

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
All that needs to be done is have the builder put a larger diameter sprocket on the rear. i think i'm running a 56 tooth and i weigh close to you. you do loose top end but who cares it is nice to peddle 2 strokes and let out the clutch and pull away from a stoplight. i cruise at approx. 19mph plenty fast for my old body.. good luck and have fun
And I think, for a little more money, a shift kit and the right gears would help even a 49cc motor do the work. There are possibilities. We'll help you start riding. :)

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
I'm 285 and i put an 88cc grubee skyhawk gt5 on an op roller. Bike can hit 30 on level ground with me and my backpack. Stock 44t sprocket. Bike pulls plenty.

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Thanks fellers for all your advice and help. I cannot wait to actually get to ride it. Just wanted to make sure that people wouldn't be running past me or kids on Big Wheels either.

-Eric

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
Im at 220, my biggest recommendation is a good quality steel frame bike with good quality steel wheels. You really don't want anything to break going anything over 10 mph.

Hope you enjoy your bike. When you get a chance please post some pics.

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Im at 220, my biggest recommendation is a good quality steel frame bike with good quality steel wheels. You really don't want anything to break going anything over 10 mph.

Hope you enjoy your bike. When you get a chance please post some pics.
I will definately post some pics...believe me the bike frame is like a Sherman tank. I guess I am just in a odd place never having ridden a motorized bike and this is my first one and all. Thanks again.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I will definately post some pics...believe me the bike frame is like a Sherman tank. I guess I am just in a odd place never having ridden a motorized bike and this is my first one and all. Thanks again.
Well, ya know, motorized bicycles are actually not that common in most places in the US. But we're working on that. usflg

katoomer

Jul 15, 2010
Rose City MI
On my tandem bike I have over 400 lbs all the time. I've used a 23cc two stroke belt drive that performed very well. Now we have a 40cc two stroke on a one speed gear box. Also performs well. Climbed some good size hills.