Stretch Morini Upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

i-paint

May 24, 2008
I built a new rear engine mount with ceramic bearings and welded it to the frame. It was clamped before. I changed the cylinder, piston and head to high compression. Changed the reed, intake and carburetor. It is the dellorto racing 21mm. The engine should be close to the 9.4 (3.2 to start) hp engine. Only the ignition is different. The exhaust is new. It is a Simonini pipe with a carbon fiber silencer (loud). I cut the head pipe off and rewelded it. I welded the manifold (made out of water pipe) for my engine to the pipe as well. I powder coated most of the parts flat black. Changed the gearing a little and added a SBP heavy duty freewheel. I changed the bearings in the front hub to ceramic. The tires are new as well. The frame is filled with lead and my top speed so far is (new) 55.4 on 11/22/09 mph. I'm 59 yrs old and my goal is 60 mph by the time I'm 60 yrs old. lol

By the way, I have about 1200 miles on the Nexus 8 speed hub, without incident.

Attachments

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Why did you fill the frame with lead??

It's one of the nicest stretches I've ever seen! but what I really love is the garage door clicker on the handlebars!! Now it needs a cup holder & cruise control!! ;)

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Why did you fill the frame with lead??

It's one of the nicest stretches I've ever seen! but what I really love is the garage door clicker on the handlebars!! Now it needs a cup holder & cruise control!! ;)
Thanks for the compliment. There is one rpm around mid range that has some vibration associated with it. I put the lead (shot) in to help with this. There is about 20 lbs. in the bottom tube. It helps with the vibration and it also seems to make the bike handle better. Lowers the center of gravity maybe and it doesn't bounce around as much. I took the lead out recently and couldn't tell any difference in the performance so I put it back in. I also think less vibration will slow the metal fatigue. A lot of the upgrades I have done are for safety reasons. The tires have a kevlar belt which eases the blow out threat some I hope. The ceramic bearings run cooler and smoother which should add to their life.

analogtom

Mar 5, 2010
Destin FL
I love your bike, I want to build one like yours and was hoping you could give me the information of where you got things and exactly what do you have.

engine, it has a kick start on it
engine upgrade parts
jack shaft
handle bars
every thing else...

Your bike to a work of beauty, hope to hear from you.