Throttle replacement

GoldenMotor.com

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
I followed your instructions about making a new end for my throttle cable and it worked out great. I was able to shorten the cable and it seemed to take care of my idle problem at the same time. While I was playing around with the throttle I noticed how cheesy they are. Do you know of anyone who has a replacement? So far I spend more time working on the bike than riding it which is about what I expected and have replaced the rear sprocket assembly and the chain guard. I've run out of things to buy from Manic Mechanic and need to find other places like them that provide quality replacement parts.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i think there is a metal one instead of a plastic crap i got...but i don't know where there sold...

anybody?

damdav1

Apr 14, 2009
saint charles
I WENT UP TO THE LOCAL MOTORCYCLE SHOP and asked for the lamest(most generic) one they had last week i went up and got a better one i had problems with the cable connecting to the 1st one bought a cheesy plastic one used from kid up the street off of another kit ! how do you make your own throttle cables??

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
if you need lights I sell the lights and Ilikeabikea and I did a video of making the cable ends today he should have it up soon. had to edit the swearing some. I could make a beefed up version of the plastic throttle but I haven't you can get a metal throttle twist grip from Northern part# 1380-1906 $10.99 fits 7/8" handle bars comes with grips then you will need a kill switch part #13824-1906 $10.99 in the go kart section.
norman

Last edited: