First Build

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Your bike looks good!, make sure you hit a couple of threads about porting & polishing intake and exhaust port's, carbs,heads,bearings,2-stroke engine additives, exc,exc
If you would except some advice//either turn those handle bars right side up for a bad ass looking cruiser or check out a set of Voodoo Scorcher's just go to google and type it in, and or you could even go to Sportsmanflyer(on the left side of this thread) and get a set of Pats BTR bars, but don't cut corners on something that will just put dazzle on that bike.
Keep us posted on your build.......Looks good!!

Last edited:

eraserskin

Jun 2, 2012
Louisville,Ky
Thanks guys. Believe me I've been all over this forum and others as well reading the must do's and the probably shouldn't. All engine hardware has been upgraded to grade 8, pirate cycles hub adapter and sprocket, pirate cycles chain tensioner, 415 chain, wheelmaster wheels, front disc brake. I did buy a nt speed carb just in case the cns gives me ****.(have to get a new throttle if that happens)
I still need to port and polish areas as mentioned. As far as the handlebars, those were put on to just get a feel for the bike they are not staying. I would love to get some BTR's from sportman flyer but the cost is really the turn off. I will definitely check out the ones mentioned, but I really would love the look of a BTR.
I will say one thing about the skyhawk aluminum frame, it is well made and very light. The down side to it is that uses a "1 1/8 " semi- integrated threadless headset that will not allow you to use reducers to run "1" threaded steer tubes. I found this out the hard way resulting in me having to return the monark 2 that I really want use. As of right now I'm using orgin 8 springer threadless forks but will probably switch to the felt linkage springer when or if ever they are in stock again.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Looking good, it will be great to see a board tracker on one of these frames completed. Looking forward to more pics. as the build progresses.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
"still has a ways to go. " he says. Dang, you're most of the way there. This bike has some great lines. It is SLAMMIN'. Keep up the good work.