straight bar frames?

GoldenMotor.com

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
does anyone know of any other companies that offered a straight bar on their frames aside from worksman? I want to build a board track bike and it seems these frames offer the best and easiest way to use most in frame gas tanks on the market such as the ones sold by phantom bikes ect. any suggestions ?

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Worksman frames are bulletproof, however if you plan on a drop loop then you'll have to either pay a welder, or customize it yourself...and if that's the case, why not do some research on here, and plan out your own perfect frame from the start!
I just use big hammers and a cheap welder, been pretty happy so far...

rock34

Apr 19, 2012
London
Tornado is the frame are different from other Schwinn Schwinn straight bar frame? Welcome to a tornado that claimed to be oxidized by 52. I want to use the framework different model straight stick, but I'm not sure if all the straight bars are equal. Your thoughts?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If you look on ebay at vintage frames there are any number of well made old ones which have the straightbar configuration you're looking for. The Schwinn straightar (Panther, Motorbike, etc.) is the only vintage frame I know of which someone makes a tank for... sportscarpat. Great tanks, by the way.

I have both frames and the Panther has a lot more room without modification. The Worksman frame is cramped without modification(pictured in my avatar with a HT engine). I had to have a different front down tube welded in to give enough room for my Sachs engine (Indian Hiawatha thread).

If you're able to make a tank or pay someone else to do it, then there are more great frames out there waiting for a motor.
SB

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The Hiawatha is a nice one for sure, but be aware that the gas tank which comes with it was never meant to hold gas. You'll notice a hole in the side of the tank which was for a horn button switch... so there was a horn inside with batteries. Could be that you could convert the tank to make it hold gas.

A 24" frame will give you less engine room. Depends on how big you are and what engine you intend to use.
SB

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I ALSO FOUND THIS!!!!!!!!http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/2968084756.html BUT AM WONDERING IF i AM GONNA HAVE TROUBLE USING A 24" FRAME
Quit yelling and settle down. Im thinking if I were in your position I'd go with the Craigslist one due to A: It's nearby and you could check it out in person. B: with very little work (new tubes and lube) you could actually ride the thing while plotting its transformation. C: little chance of it being damaged in transport if you yourself go get it. D: It rocks...

Last edited:

HollywoodHooligan

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
i am leaning towarrd the craigslist bike put my cheap side is saying ebay also because if i cant ride it ill be forced to start its transformation also i am aware of the holes in the tank i assumed it was easier to wels some holes shut than fab a whole tank i donna what is your guyses opinion