Flying Horse Magneto

GoldenMotor.com

kamaro68

Sep 24, 2010
Amarillo Texas
Hi All.
I have been lurkikng for about a year. I am a daily driver of a motorized bike. It is a mountian bike with a Flying Horse 80cc engine kit. I must say I am getting concerned. I am having magneto failures about every 300 miles. Is this normal? The first one got wet from riding home in a heavy rain storm. When I took the cover off it was full of water. So that one I don't blame on bad workmanship. However the two after that, I siliconed the cover and the holes shut so no water could get in. But they have failed rather quickly. I ordered two more today. Like I said this is a daily driver. I need help keeping it reliable. Thanks for any advice, and help you can provide.
Jason.:-||

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
I too have a flying horse 80 cc on my bike and have been riding it for about 300 miles....havent had much in the way of electrical problems on it....just sploded the piston rings.

kamaro68

Sep 24, 2010
Amarillo Texas
Holy Smokes Batman. That sucks. How did you xplode the rings?
I have 6000 miles on my engine. It runs very well. I just keep burning mags up. I'm sorry to hear your engine blew up. What oil ratio where you using?

phlangfert

Oct 9, 2010
greeneville tn usa
hey kamaro68 i to have a flying horse eng on my bike i traded for mine it wasnt running the guy told me the coil might be bad so upon days of testing i have figured it out there is a groung coming out of the coil windings the is soldered to the mag housing it looked normal but i was spinning the eng over with it off the bike (had an electric motor hooked to it) i noticed it arcing where the small wire comes out it was broke lol so i soldered it back n its now firing again later today im puttimg my eng back on my bike to see how it does i will kep u updated i will post pics of this fault later

phlangfert

Oct 9, 2010
greeneville tn usa
oh by the way it says im a newbie i am to this site but i have great knowledge about motorcycles autos n so on i will be posting pics of upcoming mods i am going to do to my engine already ported n polished my cyl and manifold to match so if u wanna know how these and other mods turn out stay tuned..............piston mod coming soon???????????

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
i have done 5 flying horse motors and every one had the magnito go out on them.. thats alot of peddling back to the house.. im never getting a horse again.:-||