Secure your fuel filter

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I see alot of nice bikes that have a inline filter just flapping in the breeze. This is an easy way to secure them(no not easier than ty-raps). I just make a p-clip out of light sheet metal and use a longer than normal clutch cover screw and a nut. Just a simple thing that helps your ride look better.

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Yea there are a lot of methods. This just a picture of the way I do it and anything is better than nothing.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I use automotive fuel hose which is a lot more rigid than that tube that comes with the kits, so my filter stays put. Plus, I cut it to just the right length so that there is no slack, but the line isn't under tension either. It's worked for me so far.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice touch, Russell. Anything that cleans up the installation is a plus. Now on your next one make it out of stainless and polish it. :)
Tom

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Then I'll have to worry about getting it dirty LOL. Guess I only thought of function and had an old piece of duct work at hand. However I do agree, after function comes pride in appearance.

Russell/James65

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I coulda been rich. Your bracket looks exactly like a starter cap strap for a high pressure sodium light. You know how many of those I've thrown away over the years? :(

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Kevlarr,
I guess that rich is a realative word! Besides If I had your money I'd throw mine away.
If you had all my money we'd both be broke.
Sounds like you might be an electrician.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
No, maintenance. We have around 150 HPS fixtures here and I think I've had to rebuild about half to them over the years.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I see alot of nice bikes that have a inline filter just flapping in the breeze. This is an easy way to secure them(no not easier than ty-raps). I just make a p-clip out of light sheet metal and use a longer than normal clutch cover screw and a nut. Just a simple thing that helps your ride look better.

Mine doesn't flap, but I kinda like mine swayin' in the breeze as it helps feed your carb when you're running low on gas....dance1

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Are you sure its not susposed to flop around to keep the fuel mix properly mixed ,no seperating

lol

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
It's easier on the bike that loose motor mounts and letting the motor shake it in the carb

lol

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
If it isn't mixed by the time it reaches the filter your looking at trouble!
Do four strokes not require filtering?

Are you sure its not susposed to flop around to keep the fuel mix properly mixed ,no seperating

lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If it isn't mixed by the time it reaches the filter your looking at trouble!
Do four strokes not require filtering?
4-strokes do not require filtering....even more so, do not require the mixing of oil into the gas.

However, it is best to filter any and all gasoline that is going into the carburetor of an internal combustion engine regardless of the stroke. Filter your gasoline....mixed or not.

On another note, I decided to secure my fuel filter on my 4-stroke, and this is how it looks

Is that sano or what? One tiny ty-rap....virtually free!rotfl