helmet anyone?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I haven't used a helmet on the motorbike yet, only had it a week. I ALWAYS wear one on my motorcycle. Also my life was saved twice on my motorcycles. I'm ordering one for the motorbike as I don't think the bicycle helmet will do any good.

Merlin

Sep 17, 2008
there was a story only a couple of months ago about a young guy [15, I think] who died after falling off a scooter in a Bunnings carpark. It had a top speed of 20KM/HR. It doesn't take much speed to kill you if you hit something hard.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Good advice! Thanks Marc. To any of the "bullet proof" he men a neighbor was in the kitchen making a sandwich and dropped the mustard jar. He bent and tryed to grab it. Jar exploded and a piece hit him in the side of his neck cutting a main blood vein. He was dead in under 4 minutes.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I heard that a man tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and broke his arm... we should make new laws that say EVERYONE must wear a helmet & full body pads while walking! rotfl :crash:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yesh! And we should all just stay home, watch T.V. and wrap ourselves in bubble wrap and hope a meteor doesn't land on us!

I was there when a guy in a pick up truck splattered his brains all over the freeway because he tried to roll up the passenger window while going 100mph, a helmet would have done no good.

I was there when the Amish guy fell off the hay wagon and landed on his face and he died within 10 minutes, his straw hat didn't help.

I was there when the kid who got hit in the temple with a stray golf ball died 15 minutes later....he didn't have a helmet on....

I rode 100 miles yesterday in my M/C and the only thing I got was fresh air.

Wear one if you want, don't if you don't.

Those who ride should decide.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
BTW- I am not a "bullet proof he man".

I also am not a sheep.

We all take chances that others around us may think foolish or stupid.

People do all kinds of things WE personally wouldn't do...that's the beauty of freedom of expression....you may be offended by others freedoms, but you also may offend others with yours, or something like that.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got a little concerned about my test bikes so I wear a helmet now. The engines won't cause a wreck but a wheel might fall off. I put them on and take them off so many times. One day Im going to run out with out a wheel nut.

If I'm riding in on the back roads I seldom wore one before. When i get these bikes finished and locked down (yeah right) I might stop. I really don't go any faster then a pedal bike by a good biker.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I am no he man but I am not a sheep wither it takes one time only to hurt yourself badly, I never liked the attune of NOTHINGS HAPPENED YET!!!!

my helmet saved me allot of headaches rotfl and after one week i was back on my bike with no broken bones, it ends up that my wrist was dislocated not broken.

The bike helmet i use does not imped my vision at all and i don't even notice it is there I am not trying to be peachy but I alway live and learn by my mistakes.

My wife and kids are very happy I had it on and in the end that is all that counts

Do as you please, but think of people around who care about you!

my entire point of this posting is that bike helmets do work!:D

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Would you people PLEASE stop badgering others about wearing helmets!?!
We all know it's safer to wear one! (I really enjoy riding without one.)
If you really want to get on a high horse about being safe, DON'T RIDE TWO WHEELED VEHICLES AT ALL!

Seriously... STOP IT!

We've heard all of your arguments for them. you're right... but we still like to ride without them!

LET US CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Let it go. Or visit my hall of fame. I wear one, (on both) and don't care what other riders do. There Big Boys & Girls. Use a Hat or not. You have to choose. I Love me (c)

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
venice boy, your in cali. take a look at the laws, gotta wear a dot helmet. so dont wear it and bust your scull i dont care. but when they make mb,s illelgal because some dumb??? busted his scull not wearing a helmet we will all be pissed at that guy. just put it on, your still COOL. do as you wish just dont make the rest of us look bad. HEY! DO A WHEELIE! hill climber

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Here on Vancouver island it's the law and the snarlies (cops) don't have enough bad guys to chase so they make a BIG DEAL about it.I've riddin a motorcycle for 42 years now and I've had it save my head many times but it didn't affect my.....Wait ...what was I talking about?rotfl

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Yawn, well I always wear my helmet, even in the bathroom! You never know when you might pass out, I mean fall a sleep, and fall into the bath tub. rotfl And there is always that chance of drowning if you are "rinsing" some bike parts in it! Later Tramp (c)

Status
Not open for further replies.