crank axle help please

GoldenMotor.com

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
well, i bought the shift kit and found out that it came with an axle that i believ goes between the crank arms of the pedals :)

it goes pedal > crank arm > crank ( within the bike frame ) crank arm > pedal :)

that middle crank axle is what i need to change, but i have no idea what to do in going about changing it.

I've looked on the net and the video help guide sites for bikes, but alas i probably cant think of the proper name for this part and that's why im not finding what i'm looking for.

any help would be greatly appreciated

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
ghost0 with the crank axle, the one that was supplied with the kit, is that included as it will definately give me clearance for the chains to run where they need to path through ?

I've just been doing this shift kit/engine setup on my 'better' bike for about 2-3 months now in ym spare time and this is where i've been held up for some time. I'll see if i can get some pictures of my progress and my problems and see if i can upload for some fresh eyes :)

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
OK I am a little confused, you say you have a shift kit but you are asking if the spindle is included, yes it is included.
sorry, it was about 3am when i wrote that.

what i'm asking is this.

Will the included spindle/axle give me the clearances i need to run the chains through where they need to go