Engine RPM to cruising speed

GoldenMotor.com

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
I've some pics previously posted in this thread:

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/very-satisfied-my-first-build-6300.html

Roller on the jackshaft, huh? I'd like to see what you're talking about.
I was thinking about doing a "reduced speed" roller. For example: With a 1" pulley on the motor shaft and a small timing belt driving a 2" pulley on the friction roller shaft, the roller would only be spinning half the motor rpms. Easier on the roller bearings. The roller would need to be twice the normal diameter. So I would use a 2 1/2" roller instead of 1 1/4". This bigger roller should grip the tire better with less wear on the tire and roller (bigger contact area).
Plus, I could tell people that I'm running a 2 1/2" roller and they would think that I am retarded.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
A-dam, I Have To Laugh! You Are Describing The Jackshaft Friction Drive Down To A T. The Only Thing You Have Different Is The 3" Cogged Jackshaft Pulley. You Are Using 2". The Drive Gear As They Call It Is 1". I Will Try Post Pic Tomorrow. This Is A "zipcycle" Sold New For $1100. They Are Out Of Business But The Web Site Is Still Running As Of Last Saturday. Check It Out. You Did A Super Job On Your Build. I Just Found Your Thread Thru Your Email To Me. I Like Some Of The Older Wacker Motors With The Rewind On The Other Side. They Make Them Much Cheaper Now. Ron