Carburetor problem

GoldenMotor.com

aerlinfall

Oct 19, 2012
Tucson
Carburetor not getting fuel

I have a 2011 grubee skyhawk, the carburetor is a skyhawk cns nt., my problem is that the carburetor isn't getting fuel in the bowl. I messed with the float, bent it back a bit and now their's no fuel going into the carb. before, the carb was flooding and it was emptying out of the overflow. I have no idea what i'm doing, please help. I haven't road the bike yet and I had it for 3 weeks. When it was flooding, the motor would start but then it dies after 2 seconds.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
There is no such carburetor as a CNS NT.
There are CNS carbs and NT carbs though.
Setting that aside, how well does the fuel flow out of the fuel valve?
Is the float valve somehow jacked up?

How far did you bend the adjusting tab on the float? Was it too far and now the float gets wedged in the float chamber and thusly closing the float valve when the carb is empty?

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I'm guessing you have the CNS carb, since you have SkyHawk motor and there is no such thing as a "cns/nt" carb.
The float and needle valve on this carb is pretty simple. The float has the tab the pushes the needle in the valve to close off the fuel flow. If you remove the screw the float comes out, the needle should come out of the valve, if it doesn't it may be stuck? The pointed end of the needle goes into the valve, the float tab pushes it closed. If it is not opening you need to bend the float tab to allow the needle to fall down slightly (when the carb is in the running position) and then fuel will flow. That is assuming you have fuel flowing out of the fuel line when it is not connected to the carb?
My guess is your float is either set too tight, or there is some obstruction in the fuel flow at the tank or shut off valve.
Post back what you find and we will try to help you best we can...