Clutch stud missing a part?

GoldenMotor.com

Subgraphic

Oct 1, 2012
Sunny San Diego
Hello,

This is what the stud looks like on my engine. I know the spring order and I have the brass lock and screw, but is there supposed to be anything in the stud? An adjustment barrel or something?
There are no other parts in my kit, so I might be missing something.

I'd be happy if that's what's it supposed to be, but it doesn't look right...

Thanks

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It looks perfectly normal to me. Some have an adjuster and some, like yours, do not. Yours was not made to have one either. All you have is the adjuster on the hand lever which is still quite do-able.
If you are cable fabrication savvy you can install an in-line adjuster if you want more adjustability. Or you can replace the stud with one that does have an adjuster.
Contact Duane at thatsdax. Although he does not have any cable studs advertised on his site, he may have a parts engine laying around that he may be able to salvage one from for you.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hey Sub, You don't need it. If it had one you would never adjust it from there anyway. I've never seen an engine come without one, but it's no big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.
fatdaddy.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If where the cable goes looks the same on both sides you're okay but if the side facing away from the camera has a hole just big enough for the cable, your cable mount is in backwards. The hole I see is there for the ferrule on the end of the cable housing to fit into. The cable should enter it from the front of the engine.
A photo of the other side would help.

That mount is also adjustable as far as height is concerned. To get good cable to clutch actuator arm alignment you can raise and lower it by loosening the jamb nut and screwing the cable holder in or out to raise or lower the cable. Don't forget to retighten the jamb nut.

Tom

Subgraphic

Oct 1, 2012
Sunny San Diego
Excellent, thanks for all the replies!

2door, that's for that as well, I'll look at the other side closer, but I believe its the same size opening as the one shown.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Excellent, thanks for all the replies!

2door, that's for that as well, I'll look at the other side closer, but I believe its the same size opening as the one shown.
I just noticed that it has a slot for the cable to go through. The ones with the adjuster on them don't have this slot. It was made to use without an adjuster. So, like I said, one way or the other, no biggie. If you want to put one with the adjuster on it I'm sure theres a lot of used and blown up engines out there not using theirs, Heck, pay shipping and I'll send you one. But again, no big deal, I'd just run it like it is.
fatdaddy.