Big boy cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Mountainmanjonny

May 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hi all, new to the forum but have been whizzering for some time.

Question; I have stumbled accross the Big Boy Cycles, very impressed with these machines! But I'm left wondering if I could get it legal here in Pennsylvania? As you may know, pa is very strict with there motorized bicycle laws, at least if you want to register it legally as a mooed. I was able to go through the process with my whizzer, though. It probably all comes down to whether BBC bikes come with a manufacturers certificate of origin, and a VIN number. I tried to contact the company but didn't get a reply (which probably answered my question right there). I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these bikes and know if they come with these documents?

Thanks!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
All you need you should have if you purchase it from them you will have a bill of sale , that determines its origin , no vin needed the state may have you go through some other hoops of theirs , but dont sweat it they will issue a vin for you just as they have done for my mb.
Gary
p.s. any questions I can help you with just feel free to ask .

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Hi Jonathan!

Sorry we did not get back to you sooner!

Timm and I had a VERY packed week!

We do not know how the registration in PA works but here in CA we only have to fill out a form

with the frame # and the engine # , answer a few questions and send it to the DMV with $19. That's it!

Our bike do have a BBC-frame # stamped in for Identification!

Because we a producing in such small volume we do not have a manufacturers certificate of origin

but a bill of sale should do the same trick!

We have several bike running in CA and GA. our customers did not encounter any problems!

We sold a used bike with registration as well and the transfer was to the new owner as a breeze.

MB / Moped do NOT hold a Title here in CA! All you get is a Registration!

Brake light and turn-signals are NO problem, because our bikes do have an electric system for the E-start !

Please feel free to contact us anytime and once again, sorry for the delay!!

Kind Regards