Stinger motor?

GoldenMotor.com

snobord28

Jun 2, 2010
Bakersfield
Has anyone ever used these types of motors? I got one for a good price, havent really found alot of reviews brnotbrnotand just wanted to know if its a good engine, or will I soon be buying a grubee?

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
the stinger motor (sticker on side) from Bikemotorkit.com is the basic HT 66cc motor sold. It's actually from M&M Honda here in Kalamazoo, Mich. I live a couple of miles from them. They have a section of their Honda dealership sectioned off that sells parts for motor cross, and all sorts of sports activities. The staff sells tons of bike motors and parts via their website. I walked in and talked to them when I bought mine and they were great. Gave me extra stuff knowing I was building a tandem. I have had virtually no problem with the engine or kit quality.
Remember, the kit is primarily the same as many others here. I paid (kit, shipping tax) out the door $163. Advertised for $119 at the time. They added about $40 shipping even tho I was there in person, but didn't argue since it was so cheap anyway. I would have paid up to $300 until I found them at this price point.
Support the fellas that advertise on this site. They have good aftermarket parts and really contribute to the evolution of this hobby.

I look forward to the day a MADE IN AMERICA engine is available at reasonable cost. Then I'll buy it and a skid full and be a dealer!!!!! (we'll need em by this December when Gas prices go UP after the election. (in my opinion).

Robert
Portage, MI

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
40 for shipping and you picked it up?!? That is NOT what i would call good customer service! That sounds more like dealer make-quick.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah... $40 shipping and I picked it up is what I call I picked it up and got jacked up all at the same time, I could maybe see $10-15 for pickup becuase some of their profit may be rolled into the shipping but full shipping when someone picks it up is just getting ripped in my opinion. everyone has to make money but that is punishing the customer for not ordering online or over the phone, how is this justified....? simple answeris .....it aint...! wow that just isnt right.....! the $119 may sound good but they will nail you one way or the other so it sounds, bad business to me.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Especially picking it up from a STORE! I could see that from an internet only place (there's a golf club place around here that charges if you ship or pick-up but they're not a real store per-se) but from a shop that sells things over the counter to charge shipping on an item on the shelf is a huge rip off.

If they tried charging me $40 for something I went there to buy they'd better drive it over to my house and give me a ride while they're at it. laff

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Especially picking it up from a STORE! I could see that from an internet only place (there's a golf club place around here that charges if you ship or pick-up but they're not a real store per-se) but from a shop that sells things over the counter to charge shipping on an item on the shelf is a huge rip off.

If they tried charging me $40 for something I went there to buy they'd better drive it over to my house and give me a ride while they're at it. laff
Maybe they could buy you a cheese burger and large soda pop on the way just to make it fair......I would go for them delivering it to me with some bonus parts & a T-shirt or something but the deal mentioned above is just as you said "a huge rip off " there is no way an over the counter business can justify that charge.... I had even considered buying my next kit from those guys because they were local on the forum and listed at such a nice price for the kit, but if this is how they do business I'll spend my money with people that treat their customers right.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Directly from their site.
What are the shipping rates?

Shipping is $39.85 to the continental U.S. Please email for a shipping quote outside of the continental U.S.

All motors ship UPS.
To ship a 20 lb. box UPS Ground from Kalamazoo to East Lansing is $12.16 and to LA it's only $26. It'd be one thing if they actually did something other then slap a shipping label on the box the motor comes in.

Thing is I'd rather pay more for the engine and reasonable shipping even if it came to the same amount then buy an "on sale" motor and pay outrageous shipping charge. Sad thing is BGF is still cheaper then they are.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
yep your right Kevlarr, BGF can put a 66cc kit on your door step with free shipping for not much over the $119 and maybe that or less if you dont buy it now and happen to be the winning bidder on an auction style sale, I've heard of some getting their kits for $85 from him on an auction win, the last one I bought from him was $130 to my door. 66cc big frame front mount, slant head kit with 41T sprocket. no warranty and maybe no customer service to speak of but it was my 3rd kit and the one I'm running now has 530 miles on it and running like a champ.