Maniac57 40mm intake 66cc porting thread.

GoldenMotor.com

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
I stayed conservative with raising the exhaust. Only went about 1mm higher, about what ramping the piston gives so it should be fine.
I'm not too worried about ring snags as it's well under the 60% rule.
And I deburred the ports extensively....
*crosses fingers*
But now that I look at the pics again, that port DOES look huge. Heh heh...

Hey maniac quick question...I recently did some minor port work & i was wondering, how fine does the emory cloth need to be for deburring the ports?? Ive never used emory cloth before...Can i use a very fine sandpaper to deburr also??? Thanks..

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
1000 grit emery cloth or polishing roll is better. Regular sandpaper sheds too much grit for my comfort

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Remember to always file or sand towards outside when messing with china plated jugs, you don't want to flake chrome off by pushing inward....mostly applies to files, but ...
Better safe than sorry!

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
yeah i deburred with 600, 800 and next 1000 grit. But i hope im not in trouble because i did sand inwards towards the combust. chamber..
I cant seem to locally find emery cloth, home depot people just say its"another name for sandpaper" -.- of course... But i think i should get some steel wool just to be safe

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You can get emery cloth on ebay if you can't find it locally, I think harbor freight carries it too but not as fine as we need.. I think the finest emery harbor freight sells is like 250 or 400 grit, you can use wet dry sandpaper but like maniac says, it does she'd off a lot of abrasive so a Really good cleanup afterwards is needed. Also look up crocus cloth which is very fine for finishing work, it's not good at all for cutting but really good for polishing after you've finished your final sanding, some sellers will call it fine emery and others will call it crocus cloth, it's embedded with a very fine iron oxide abrasive so it does more polishing than cutting, this stuff also requires an after cleanup but it's excellent for finishing or polishing metal to metal parts like crank journals or wrist pins with very minimal material removal.