Question about "racing carburetor"

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Motoriz...9&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=251980501280&rt=nc

Is that a removable insert at the carb intake, so it will also fit the larger cNS style intake?

Also- this is "stock" 19 mm intake- What is the measurement of the wider intakes? 22, 23mm?

Does this require a different cable and end than NT Speed or stock NT carbs?

How well do these work?- I see they are cheaper than a few years back.

Thanks for any info.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
all I know is that if you use a larger venturi, you then need to flow more air to get full use of it (better exhaust, better porting, higher revs, etc.)

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I have one. With the insert in, It is stock diameter. I have the new larger manic mechanic style billet intake and it fits that. As far as performance, off the shelf it is no better than the stock carbs. It is more tunable however but somewhat advanced to do this. With a torch you can remove the emulsion tube and rework itto change fuel delivery at different throttle settings and different intake velocities. It's difficult though and time consuming. Mine is on the shelf and may get used on a Predator 212 build I am doing. The stock cable would have to be modified to work. Moped guys use it and are the best source of info on tuning it so check out treatland.tv maybe. Also the angle of the slide bottom can be filed and modified. Anyway unless there is something wrong with your NT it won't make your bike faster but it looks cool and that may count for something.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The insert would certainly come out but I do not know what you are left with. I have the carb at work and will try to pull it and measure it for you. All this being said I don't really like the carb, it reacts prematurely to heat and is a challenge to keep it from leaking. I may use it as a temporary carb on my Predator 212cc build and I use it as the primary on the two carb nitro set up that is still un tested for the race bike. I would not buy one again though I am replacing it with a Mikuni clone once I decide on size.