carb size??

GoldenMotor.com

bee187

Dec 8, 2010
australia melbourne
hey all sorry i havent replyed sooner been flat out at work,now i was wondering what bit of the carby i measure because i got 25 mm were the air intakes into the engine(readings taken from inside diameter of course)and then 22mm from the top throttle valve opening,the carby is off a 125 pitbike but as i said it revs off its head and for some reason `wont drop rpms,would i go bigger or smaller jets because i was thinking if i got that right it just might work and make it go **** loads harder,how do i up load vids and pics been trying but carnt seem to find were to d it

bee187

Dec 8, 2010
australia melbourne
and allso what is this about the intake and i have to get this straight billet intake for a bigger carby to work properly? my dad is an engineer so was going to get him to mod me up one and was just going to make sure it had smooth air flow from the smaller intake on the engine to the bigger one on the carby?is that all that this one u were saying does or is there more to it?and iv allso filed down the intake and exuast ports to give it better air flow,i know there only a ****ty china engine and mates say y bother but they go allright and i think with a little bit of refinment it would be a wicked engine

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
and allso what is this about the intake and i have to get this straight billet intake for a bigger carby to work properly? my dad is an engineer so was going to get him to mod me up one and was just going to make sure it had smooth air flow from the smaller intake on the engine to the bigger one on the carby?is that all that this one u were saying does or is there more to it?and iv allso filed down the intake and exuast ports to give it better air flow,i know there only a ****ty china engine and mates say y bother but they go allright and i think with a little bit of refinment it would be a wicked engine
It sounds to me like you got an air leak somewhere in your intake set-up. A lean condition will make it act as you describe. I have Mikuni jets if you need help. I use a 18mm Mikuni..Runs perfect. I don't think a straight intake will work with a carb of your size..Not enough clearance. GRIND..lol dnut