I love getting THAT look.

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
Yep, I have to say, it is a HUGE perk of owning this little motor bicycle. To get the LOOK.

Yesterday, I went to the bank...drive thru. LOL the lady behind the window first told me that the drive thru was for vehicles, to which I gladly rev'd my engine at her...then I stuck my checks and deposit slip in the tube and away it went...She just gave me THAT look. You know the one. The one that says "is that what I think it is?" and "WTH...OMG...thats the coolest!"

still haven't gone to the gas pumps and slapped my two quarters on the counter for a fill up yet...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ha,ha, ha,
Know exactly what you mean Teach,
I just made a run to a new Bar-B-Qu place that opened near us. I ordered some fried Jalepenos and asked if they could tape or rubber band the box 'cause I had to carry it home in my backpack. The lady looked a little confused but then I pointed to the front window where my Jag was parked just outside and she giggled. "Now that's a new one." She said. "Don't think we've ever had one of those here before."
I'm wondering about the day when people will be so used to seeing MBs that they won't raise an eyebrow.
Tom

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'm usually a mild mannered dad kind of guy who has attempted to raise all my daughters correctly (no sons) - SO I really love it when I ride by a mom with one or more sons and of course the boys jaws drop about two feet.....and the mom has one of those "NO - you are going to get one" statements...... but of course I'm long gone.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL

I like flying through and intersection green light with loaded lanes going the other way,
all aped out on my chopper while slowly peddling backwards... =-]'

'BrettMavriK

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
yup. its THAT look. I get it everyday from children to old folk. i even had a guy driving a ferrarie stare at me. (look at that this guys spent his whole fortune on his car and my bike get more attention)
Now that a boost

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Going down the road paying special attenuation to the rodeo [the gutter].To see a car go by with 4 or 5 kids pasted faces on the rear window, and then only to catch up with them at the next light!

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
I had a few people going 20 in a 35 four lane road just to get a good look at the bike. One person even went around the block to get several pictures of the bike in action.

I road up through a drive through. The attendant said "We aren't allowed to serve you unless your in a car." That's when I gave it the gas. and she went "Whoa! Ok, I guess I CAN serve you." She gave me a big smile and passed me my ice cold coke. :) We both had a good laughed.

Last edited:

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I like riding around the park when their are baseball, and soccer games people all ways turn around and look and the kids all ways pointing and trying to get closer, but i am usually going really fast. I go around a few times the best is when people stop you and ask questions. I live in southern michigan southgate area not that many MB's around here.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Heck yeah I love the look. I have people of all ages and types jaws on the floor, scratching their heads going did I just see what I thought I saw? Most people think that I ordered mine from a factory. When I say it's custom and I built it all, some think I'm lying. Others are like that is the coolest thing ever. Anyone who does have anything bad to say, changes their colors real quick when I tell them about gas mileage. People always wanna buy mine, No way Jose! as much time and money I've put into mine. I would't accept anything less than $1500 for it and in this economic decline only a crazy person would pay me that much. I'll gladly build them for people though if they pay meusflg

Last edited:

tylerlough

May 28, 2008
Mishawaka, IN
I like it as long as they're people I don't know. What I like best is riding past Amish people on my motorbike, I think it makes them jealous.

I live in southern michigan southgate area not that many MB's around here.
That may be because it cost money to make them legal in michigan.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Oh YEAH! The Amish always smile and wave when you pass them by. Just watch out for the special layer of road obstructions that their vehicles leave behind!

Last edited:

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
Just finished my 2hr ride from to my parents place. Plenty of THAT look. Espically since I was on back roads with plenty of junior sports leagues going on.

My new spedo also does average speed. 22.5mph over the 2hr ride used less than 1/4 tank of gas. woohoo!

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
I took my 2 mb's with to a car show a few weeks ago. people were so interested in the bikes they barely noticed the car!! oh well it was fun to show them off!!