Gearbox help?

GoldenMotor.com

davidsappington

May 7, 2009
virginia
i need info on the new 4 stroke gear box can anyone email me or pm me with dealers in the usa or direct wearhouse buys. my gear box fried i have an old hoot gear box and i want to replace it completley thanks

the downed rider:-||

davidsappington

May 7, 2009
virginia
Re: [email protected]

please sened me any info regaurding the new 4 stroke gear boxes its supose to be chain driven? i have the old hoot pinion geared gearbox it chewed the teeth right off of it with in the first week:-||
i feel mad at the company i bought this 4 stroke from i keep geting the run around with them they are sending me a replacement pinion gear and clutch but i anticaipte a repeate of:-|| so i want to buy the new gear box so i can.shft.

bobdirt

Apr 12, 2009
usa
Here's the scoop there are 4 gearbox/drives for the 4-strokes that I know of

1. the hoot style - POS
Experience - 2 on the shelf
Source - why would you

2. grubee - good, reliable with proper maint., noise is not bad, use grease, lube that bushing, leave engaged.
Problems - key shear at free wheel, clutch bushing stick
Experience many thousand of miles on one.
Source - Bicycle Engines, Motorized Bicycles, Bicycle Motors, Motored Bikes: 2-Stroke & 4-Stroke Kits!
Price - around $120.00

3. ezmotorbike silent drive - looks like this will be the best, easy change ratios, silent
Experience - talked with co. owners, beta dealers, considering dealership
Source - local ezmotorbike dealer, try Get YOUR EZmotorbike TODAY! home site
Price - $650.00 must buy complete kit

4. firebelly - interesting, nice design, not in production
Experience - none
Source - FireBelly Cycles
Price - $350.00

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bob, yesterday while ridding, heard grinding and pulled over. Sheared half the teeth off the clutch bell housing. Put a replacement in and is awesome again. Any ideas how this could happen? middle gear looked fine. there is some play between the the clutch and retainer.