Gear Box, what do you have?

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I like it a lot :)...
as it is a 'beta' kit, there are bugs to be worked out (mostly mount and crank issues)
it has more power than I need, even for pulling the trailer
even though it has a pull start, I can bump start it at 3mph !!!
(handy at the school when picking up/dropping off)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That's such a great thought and mental image Bill. Bet the other kids stare in amazement. (hehe, should build another trailer in the paint scheme of a school bus!)

What a great story and pictures your lil ones will have later in life.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looked on their site and Q doesn't seem to sell GBs as stand alone

When cash flow allows, I am thinking I will have a local aircraft manufacturer do a custom one or a DIY. The Grubee is great but could be better. (They are coming out with a new clutch that is designed to work wet) Frankly, it is bulky, the whole unit. Or I am thinking of trying a CVT. But I think there might be a lot of power wasted. Varying gear ratio might be worth the trade off and aside from mounting, they are huge. Dunno. Will try and later report. Oh, and stock they are close to $200 before adapting to a MB. snork

Still and all in all the joy of the 4 smoker makes it worth it, IMHO.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I am running my prototype.

Though the initial production is small there will be more soon after.

We have 2 and 4 stroke engine mounts in the works!

I'm glad that the new box will have a wet chain for lower maintenance and run even quieter!

Making your own is a good Idea. The local aircraft manufacturer is an expensive proposition for one unit, but if you got the dough, it could be very cool.

That's pretty much exactly how we're doing it!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am running my prototype.

Though the initial production is small there will be more soon after.

We have 2 and 4 stroke engine mounts in the works!

I'm glad that the new box will have a wet chain for lower maintenance and run even quieter!

Making your own is a good Idea. The local aircraft manufacturer is an expensive proposition for one unit, but if you got the dough, it could be very cool.

That's pretty much exactly how we're doing it!

Good luck in whatever you decide!
TS, your rig is awesome! Looking forward to trying it. My DIY is gonna be spur gears in a wet box. (thunking so far) Really needs to be a better GB option for 4 smokes.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi all, well you probably guessed that I ride Silent Power Transmissions. We find them to be the best available at any price! I know I love mine, and all who have ridden it have good things to say!

This pic, with my unacceptable prototype flex exhaust, was at the spring Whiz-In, where the lil EZ Murray and I logged 99 miles! 72 miles on 1.5 liter tankful! The flex exhaust is a great thing, but this material was unsatisfactory, doe to lack of weather resistance.

The bike ran flawlessly, but I blew the 1965 era chain, and came in with no rear brakes. I'd be happy to answer most questions you-all may have, and can tell you that EZ is still setting up Dealers across US and Canada.

Mike

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Does that front fork do anything for you Mike? Those pressed steel forks always scared me for motor bike use!? There is some good copies available w/ a zerk on a bushed pivot.