new and improved

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
well here are some pics of my upgrade that Ive been slowly working on over the winter. I ordered a Kings sprocket and had to modify a bit as it would not work as stock. I then made a plate to go over the center of the sprocket that I took the center out of. ( I transferred the holes from the sprocket to the plate to remain true). I used some 5/16" x 3/4" hex head bolts to bolt plate onto sprocket also used lock tite with flange nuts. after everthing came together , it worked out pretty good.

Attachments

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I had to offset the sprocket over at least the thickness of the sprocket to stay out of the chainstay ( 1/4"). also re worked my Idler as I used to have a tensioner arm that would always keep the chain taught. Also new forks Rock Shox Dart 3 with disc brakes and a Ritchey handlebar and threadless stem set-up. and also a new tuned pipe. sorry about some pics being not to clear but will try again later as they all come from a camera phone. I had went to a 35T sprocket from a 36T I want to gain just a little more edge over my buddy Hookwormrider. and cant wait to ride again just to work a few bugs out of the system and to chase off any gremlins that may be lurking around. I hope you can appreciate my work and see the beauty of a motorized bike , FileStyle.
("80 cc") 66 cc motor with 35T sprocket and tuned exhaust some porting of intake and exhaust upgraded wire and plug and run 4oz. to a gallon fuel mix. top speed as with a 36T---(37mph).

Attachments

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Nice file, yea ur muffler is one of the best ones I have seen, and also your rack is a cool design also. very nice how it all comes together for you

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
the rear carrier is mounted from the seat post and the 1/8" strap steel is for the panier bags. so the bags dont go in the wheel. of all the things I ever had to haul , it wasnt more than I could carry! it does fine it also acts as a fender so it helps.