Bikini Motored Bike!

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I love that bike path as well. I used to park at the school on the road that goes down to the military housing, near the Dodge dealer in Pearl City. That crazy lady had a lean-to behind the bushes maybe 1/4mile from the park towards town on the left side of the path. When she heard us coming, she started yelling then came out on the path. Dang! Poor Mel got scared out of her wits. I wanted to.....well, I'm a Daddy, you know what I Dwanted to do to that nut case. Nobody would have missed her either.

Retiring, eh? Good for you. I thought the apartments in the pics looked like military housing. I used to work for the Navy PWC. Good, though, I won't have to worry too much about rushing my project, then.

My racing days are long gone. Used to race a bug and helped out with a bunch of guys who pioneered engine tech for Toyota drag racing on Oahu in the early 80's. I was into small cars and engines. :oops: Was a lot cheaper. I got hooked on altereds back in the 60's when some friends and I would hit the Saturday night drags at the old Hawai'i Raceway Park. There was only a couple, but they put on a good show. (^)

Speaking of 5-7, where's da buggah. I'd like to get a first hand report on the conditions of that bike path. I'd like to take the family out for an outing.

Howziit grouchy,

In the early 80's I had a red 1955 VW bug at the Bug-Ins. The car's name was "Yama's Bugga".

The crazy lady is no longer on the path but the homeless reside in the park. At one time they had a stackload of bikes and other belongings in the pavilion nearest the water, but no longer.

Homeless people are laid-back and keep to themselves at the park. The last thing they want is a confrontation and someone calling 911.

The bikepath has overhanging thorny kiawe trees on the far east side you need to avoid.

Never ride in the middle of the path so you'll avoid the six-inch posts along the way.

I like to ride the path to the west end at the Waipahu dump. After that school it's a quiet isolated ride heading ewa(west). At the path's end I ride the highway back to Pearl City, which is a adventurous amusement ride.

The hair-raising section is where bicyclists intersect with cars entering and leaving the freeway..rd.

Maybe you can transport your bike to McD's near Aloha Stadium. After breakfast it's a safe cruise to meet the family at Blaisdell Park.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
OH, eh, you know who I'm talking about den. laff

In the park is alright, I guess. Yeah, for the most part, they don't bother. Too bad got so many crazy ones. That crazy lady, though. I didn't know if she was going to get physical or not so I was ready to do whatever I had to to protect my daughter. I'm talking taking her down hard so she wouldn't get back up. They don't give up or back down when they go into a rant.

So that path goes all the way to Waipahu? Wow. I knew it was long, but wasn't sure if it went that far. I'd like to check it out once I have all our bikes rigged with motors. Not that we'd need pedal assist since the path seems to be fairly flat. I also want to get a kiddy trailer to haul our picnic gear, water and extra batteries. Yeah, we'll probably go stealth. :D

Hey, maybe we can make it a "gathering". I'll keep you guys informed on my progress and when the bikes are finished. (^)

Hawaii_Ed

Feb 22, 2009
Honolulu, HI
OH, eh, you know who I'm talking about den. laff

In the park is alright, I guess. Yeah, for the most part, they don't bother. Too bad got so many crazy ones. That crazy lady, though. I didn't know if she was going to get physical or not so I was ready to do whatever I had to to protect my daughter. I'm talking taking her down hard so she wouldn't get back up. They don't give up or back down when they go into a rant.

So that path goes all the way to Waipahu? Wow. I knew it was long, but wasn't sure if it went that far. I'd like to check it out once I have all our bikes rigged with motors. Not that we'd need pedal assist since the path seems to be fairly flat. I also want to get a kiddy trailer to haul our picnic gear, water and extra batteries. Yeah, we'll probably go stealth. :D

Hey, maybe we can make it a "gathering". I'll keep you guys informed on my progress and when the bikes are finished. (^)
Sounds like fun! A trailer might be a little tight at some spots, they have poles up to limit access.

Good luck on the build!

Ed