Jaguar Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
nice bike! i also have a jaguar and love it. a springer front end makes them cruise like a dream

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey, another Jaguar motorized bicycle. Looks almost like mine. I'm going to get one them springers for mine too. I moved my seat back about 2 inches. It made it way more comfortable for me....................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I was thinking about that, where do I get one? Have you had any problems with your jag?
i got it at a bike shop here in town that handles schwinn bikes. no problems at all with the jag. had to locktite the nuts that held the chain guard and thats about it. its been a good bike

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
Yah, I know that this is really old....bld.

I want to know about the mounting type/style that ya'll used on your jaguar MB's? I have a jaguar but my Grubee wont just fit right in... do you think that I need that 3 inch spacer mount, from livefastmotors? That seems like it would solve the problem beautifully... I don't know though, this is my first MB build. :( I need help!

Thanks!!

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
if you can't make the mount yourself, livefast's will work
If I remove the chain guard, will it fit ok?
I am thinking of bedding it to the frame with JB Weld to reduce vibrations.

Or, how do you propose making the mounts myself? Use spacers with longer studs, which I plan on changing... lol.

Thanks!

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
I was looking to upgrade the rear wheel with 12 or 14 guage spokes. I weigh in at 130 maybe soakin wet... lol. So I think that 14 guage steel spokes and a steel rim in the rear will be adequate. The front tire should be replaced as well, but I don't know if it is an absolute nessesity.
I was really looking for that HD hub from the GrubeeInc WWW site. I am not sure if it comes installed with spokes and rim. I do not know how to lace spokes... :(.
Amazon.com - Bolt On 26" WheelMaster

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Hey tinkerer,

My buddy has a jag and was wondering how it would turn out. We have discussed putting a rear coaster brake on because his rear spokes broke and being motorcyclers we don't like the idea of a clutch lock (would rather hold clutch in till stopped).
The Jag looks awesome.

I've seen springer forks on ebay. Chain gang lowriders has them too. They run about 50 to 150. There's also a monarch fork, way cool. Check out * RAT ROD BIKES *

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Because of the current popularity of the Schwinn Jaguar maybe we should all get together and post pix of our bikes in a montage in the 'Pictures & Videos' section. Mine isn't running yet but it will be in a week or two. Unless you have very short legs moving the seat back a few inches is almost a must on the Jag especially if you flip the handlebars over. I have a good source for a springer but putting one on the Jag means fabricating new mounts for the brakes or changing the front brakes all together. I really like the brakes that came on it so that would require welding new brackets to the springer. Not a hard job but I think I'll run the stock fork for a while and see how it rides. Pictures when it's finished. Got mine new from Target. On sale ($124. down from $149.) and got a discount because of some scratches. $99.00. Just in case you're looking for matching paint for a Jag try Dupli-Color automotive touch-up, number DSFM 340 FORD, ROYAL BLUE, (just a tad light) or TAMIYA model car paint, number TS-53, (just a tad dark) but both will work unless you're planning on entering shows or something.
Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Because of the current popularity of the Schwinn Jaguar maybe we should all get together and post pix of our bikes in a montage in the 'Pictures & Videos' section. Mine isn't running yet but it will be in a week or two. Unless you have very short legs moving the seat back a few inches is almost a must on the Jag especially if you flip the handlebars over. I have a good source for a springer but putting one on the Jag means fabricating new mounts for the brakes or changing the front brakes all together. I really like the brakes that came on it so that would require welding new brackets to the springer. Not a hard job but I think I'll run the stock fork for a while and see how it rides. Pictures when it's finished. Got mine new from Target. On sale ($124. down from $149.) and got a discount because of some scratches. $99.00. Just in case you're looking for matching paint for a Jag try Dupli-Color automotive touch-up, number DSFM 340 FORD, ROYAL BLUE, (just a tad light) or TAMIYA model car paint, number TS-53, (just a tad dark) but both will work unless you're planning on entering shows or something.
Tom
Ones a tad light the other a tad dark so tried mixing them together?