mat black cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

imirish81

Feb 22, 2009
Southold NY
work in progress. I love the black out look so i started with an all black bike and have stayed true to that theme cheating only on the motor.

black on black flame.

custom thumb grip with a toggle on off switch

more to come...

imirish81

Feb 22, 2009
Southold NY
Im a typical male i dont like to stop and ask for directions. Alas i need help. I uploaded the photos to photo bucket which link do i use?: email or im, direct link, html code, Img code. Ok, i have a few trys below. ill try some on the same picture hopefully at least one will work!

[/IMG]

imirish81

Feb 22, 2009
Southold NY
Success!

some more:

since i have cleaned up the wires a little with some ties so it doesn't look so unkempt.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss244/imirish81/DSC00586.jpg

If you look close you can see my flame pattern. Its black on black and so hard to make out.

I since installed a rack. the installation attaches directly to the fender and i a seamless fit. Ill post picture soon

I don't know what the rest of you are doing about the cheap plastic handlebar accelerator. It really bothered me so i found some nice handle bars with a flame pattern matching the tires and gas tank and installed a thumb accelerator. The installation was a snap. Also i added a nice toggle on of switch as a cut off replacing the cheap plastic switch that comes with the kit.

Ive also done a mod on the exhaust that is made of EMT and some fittings. Its a great solution. Ill post some pics and a how too soon.

imirish81

Feb 22, 2009
Southold NY
its actually working out great. i cut the cable to length so that when the thumb lever is pushed to the handle bar the throttle is all the way out. Cutting the cable sounds like a risky venture but im sure as some on hear can atest it is not. drilling a small hole in copper pipe inserting the cable and melting a small amount of lead in the hole does the trick very well. The whole set up is much simpler than the grip accelerator in the kit. Ill post some close up picture on the set up soon! Remember the on off switch has to be remounted, and that takes some cleaver work.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

imirish81

Feb 22, 2009
Southold NY
I bought the thumb accelerator online but i don't remember where i got it. As i recall it was really cheap. If i remember ill report. Also ill post some pictures of the accelerator set up when i get some time.